Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Axle re-centering

Old 01-04-2008, 08:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axle re-centering

After installing the Black Diamond 2" BB with shocks I would like to re-center my axles. Are adjustable front and rear track bars all that is needed? The Jeep currently rides well, but the axle shift is visually noticable and I would like to correct it. If adjustable track bars are the answer, which are the best to go with, and are there any other issues that I need to address? Everything else is factory. Thanks!
Old 01-04-2008, 08:08 AM
SCF
JK Enthusiast

Adjustable track bars are the way to go for recentering an axle. There are brackets out there to do this simply and cheaply. You will hear pros and cons to that. I had one on my TJ with no problems, but I've seen a slew of the brackets snap the stock bracket right off the tube due to the added stress over time.

An interesting read.

Last edited by SCF; 01-04-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:10 PM
JK Freak

Does anyone know of a good adjustable trackbar that works with a 2" lift?
Old 01-05-2008, 07:09 AM
JK Newbie

There are TONS of quality manufacturers out there. Most popular on this board include the Full Traction adjustable trackbars Front & Rear. Although Terraflex and Black Diamond also make them......I would say call David @ Northridge to see what he can do.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:10 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm saving for the HD teraflex adjustable track bars. I'll shop around a little but I'm pretty sure I'm going with Northridge4x4.com if they continue the free shipping. That saves some coin for other add ons

Quick Reply: Axle re-centering