Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Axle Sleaves Need Welded?

Old 01-22-2013, 04:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axle Sleaves Need Welded?

I have been looking at the Evo axle sleeves and am wondering about the need to weld them in place. I don't have decent access to welding and am trying to understand the physics of welding the sleeves. Possibly they would work their way in too far and take out the inner axle seals?
Old 01-22-2013, 05:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Silverton34
I have been looking at the Evo axle sleeves and am wondering about the need to weld them in place. I don't have decent access to welding and am trying to understand the physics of welding the sleeves. Possibly they would work their way in too far and take out the inner axle seals?
Get the nitro pound in sleeves if you don't want to weld
Old 01-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Former Vendor

Evo does require to be welded. As far as we know Nitro is the only company that is making sleeves that do not require welding.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Evo sleeves require ALOT of welding, and drilling. Your axle tubes will look like swiss cheese by time your done drilling. I strongly recommend removing the axle completely to do the work, it will save you alot of time and cussing in the long run.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by l00py1211
Evo sleeves require ALOT of welding, and drilling. Your axle tubes will look like swiss cheese by time your done drilling. I strongly recommend removing the axle completely to do the work, it will save you alot of time and cussing in the long run.
Which is what makes the Nitro Sleeves so great, no welding. Unless you've already purchased the Evo units, I'd go Nitro.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:33 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by Silverton34
Yes, they need welded in place.

Quick Reply: Axle Sleaves Need Welded?