Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Axle upgrades

Old 10-17-2012, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axle upgrades

I have a set of 35 duratracks on the way along with a set of synerg balljoints and c gussets. My question is, if i want to run 37s in the future, will i need any other reinforcements? I wheel like once or twice a month and im planning a rauche creek trip soon and i dont want to break anything major
Old 10-17-2012, 04:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

c gussets would be recommended for the 37's (not a bad idea for 35's either)... other than that most people I talked to don't recommend throwing too much money at the d30... so I decided not to bother with steeves or trusts or anything like that and save that money just in case I destroy my front axle I can have some cash for a d44
Old 10-17-2012, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

All depends on how you drive. A soft careful skilled wheeler can get away with a lot more than a throttle masher. We have guys with stock dana 30's running 37's that have been coming here for a few years without problems, we also have a member running heavy 40" Nittos on a rubi 44 with gussets and sleeves. I have also seen guys break 44's with stock tires, all comes down to you. If you add gussets and sleves or truss you can go for quite a while with just a little common sense. If you are a "pin it to win it" type then grab your wallet for a pair of 60's. Do what you can afford and enjoy, if it breaks then upgrade. I own a small wheeling area and we get all types, this is just my experience and opinion.
Mike
Old 10-17-2012, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikd
All depends on how you drive. A soft careful skilled wheeler can get away with a lot more than a throttle masher. We have guys with stock dana 30's running 37's that have been coming here for a few years without problems, we also have a member running heavy 40" Nittos on a rubi 44 with gussets and sleeves. I have also seen guys break 44's with stock tires, all comes down to you. If you add gussets and sleves or truss you can go for quite a while with just a little common sense. If you are a "pin it to win it" type then grab your wallet for a pair of 60's. Do what you can afford and enjoy, if it breaks then upgrade. I own a small wheeling area and we get all types, this is just my experience and opinion.
Mike
Thanks, im pretty new this is my first jeep i always drove fast sports cars, but it is my DD so im not flying through trails like a maniac lol im pretty light on the throttle, looks like ill just go for it and if i break it ill know my next upgrade haha

Quick Reply: Axle upgrades