Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Banks Headers

Old 10-22-2007, 08:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banks Headers

I spoke with Banks today about ordering headers, along with a cat-back exhaust. They told me to wait on the headers, as they were redesigning the heat shield, so would come out with a new model shortly. They were having problems with melting battery boxes just like the Gibsons had. Anyone running the Banks headers? No one is carrying the 2-door version of the cat-back yet, except directly ordering from Banks (pricey).
Old 10-23-2007, 06:28 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't know of anyone but as you mentioned, I would just wait until they can get the heat shielding fixed.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:00 AM
JK Freak

How noisy would it be with headers and cat-back? I'm talking about running down the road at 70mph?
Old 10-23-2007, 04:05 PM
JK Newbie

Banks didn't come out with a heat shield I have one of the first set they made. But thanks for the info I contacted the company I ordered them from and they had no clue their was a problem with the headers. They called their Banks rep and he didn't know until he got a hold of the banks development people and found out their was a hold on the headers until they make a heat shield. It will be a couple of weeks and they will send me the heat shield. I am lucky I haven't had time to install them yet. So no melted battery box.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:11 PM
JK Freak

Glad I could help. I am waiting until the heat shield comes out before ordering. I think I am going to order the cat back at the same time.

Quick Reply: Banks Headers