Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

BDS 3" lift

Old 06-29-2007, 05:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BDS 3" lift

A local 4 x 4 shop is recomending the BDS 3" lift for my 4 door JK. The lift has springs, shocks, disconects and they claim the waranty is the best. I did a search for BDS and do not come up with anything. I also don't see that brand for sale on quadratec.

I do know that Black Diamond and BDS are not the same but other than that I have not found out much. Does anyone have any experience with their products, or even better, experience with their lift for the JK.

I am about ready to order my lift and plan on doing the install myself. I am concerned with ride quality becuase this is a daily driver and my wife is already leary of my new obsesion :toung:
Old 06-29-2007, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Post Lift

I personally do not have any experience with BDS. If you try searching the site for ESP issues you will come up with a few threads of people that have stability issues. I went with Teraflex 's 3" lift and have not had any issues with the ESP program or any other problems for that matter. Teraflex and Rubicon Express make a few lifts for the JK. I kept my decision between these two manufactures.

Where do you live? I could possibly help with the install depending on your location.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BDS = Big Dicks Suspension. I believe they are located in coldwater michigan. They are probably a spin off of trail master suspensions.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:20 AM
JK Newbie

The lack of replies makes me nervous about this lift. I think I will narrow it down to the Terraflex or the RE. I live in Clinton Twp. MI. I appreciate the offer but the drive might be a bit much from AZ.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

friend of mine locally here in Tampa, FL...his girlfriend has a JK 4 door with the BDS lift. It was also installed by a local 4x4 shop...apparently she is very happy with it - don't know much else about it.

here is a shot of her jk
Old 06-30-2007, 11:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't heard anything about their JK lift, but I've heard nothing but praise about their lifts for earlier Jeeps.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default bds

I do not now much about bds. but I have had very bad experiences with lifting kits from pro comp and fab tech. extremely harsh ride, and when i called them both and complained about it they said (both) vehicles should not be lifted. so I would just go with something that people recomend. I do have to say that I spent $1,000.00 bucks on a tj pro comp stage two suspenssion lift , only to be replaced by a teraflex kit a week latter. so now I would be very caussious and ask around before i buy anything.

Quick Reply: BDS 3" lift