Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

bds or rubicon express suspension lift?

Old 11-27-2011, 08:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question bds or rubicon express suspension lift?

I was wondering what is the best way to go for a suspension lift. I have a 08 2 dr rubicon and am looking at a 3.5 rubicon express lift or the 3 inch bds lift. I have plenty of experience with the bds lift on yj's but this is my first jk. I want to run 35's. Also I noticed that the bottom of the transfer case is damp, like the seal is leaking. This jeep only has 21k on it and has never been off road. Its straight stock. Is this a normal issue or could there be a real problem. any suggestions.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dsmith2320
I was wondering what is the best way to go for a suspension lift. I have a 08 2 dr rubicon and am looking at a 3.5 rubicon express lift or the 3 inch bds lift. I have plenty of experience with the bds lift on yj's but this is my first jk. I want to run 35's. Also I noticed that the bottom of the transfer case is damp, like the seal is leaking. This jeep only has 21k on it and has never been off road. Its straight stock. Is this a normal issue or could there be a real problem. any suggestions.
Highly recommend a bds lift. I have the 3" springs with 3/4" spacer with a 4 door and hardtop and love it. I have plenty of room for 35's and could probably clear 37's with little or no rubbing.
Old 11-28-2011, 06:59 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by dsmith2320
get your seal checked out, its not normal.

Check out our kits as well, YJ's are not in the same ballpark as far as lifts go. 3" is plenty of lift for 35's. Check out our line before making your decision
Old 11-28-2011, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

I would have to agree with the BDS choice. I have the 3" with 35's and have 40,000 plus miles on it with zero complaints.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-220715186.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	242916   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3449844777.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	242917  
Old 11-28-2011, 06:57 PM
JK Newbie

Cool thanks

I appreciate everyones input. I am having the seal checked wednesday and I am going with the bds lift. Thanks. I will post pics when its finished.

Quick Reply: bds or rubicon express suspension lift?