JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   Modified JK Tech (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/)
-   -   beadlock bolts ? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/beadlock-bolts-150525/)

blockrockin 11-07-2010 10:28 AM

beadlock bolts ?

hi.. i was changing out tires on my spyderlock beadlocks... since i had everything apart i was wondering if it was a good idea to put anything on the beadlock bolts ? antiseze..or alittle thread locker ? not sure ... the bolts seemed alittle corroded when i took them out..and a few where kinda tough to get loose... i just figured since i had them apart now would be a good time to add anything if needed.. thanks alote :beer:

GCM 2 11-07-2010 10:39 AM

I usually run a little anti-seize compound. Not sure that it is necessary though, but since the wheels see water, I thought it was cheap insurance. Since I have run beadlocks on my daily drivers for years, I am religious about checking the torque on them regularly and have never bothered with loc-tite on the threads. Maybe someone else will chime in with a "why I run thread lock compound".

highoctane 11-07-2010 12:08 PM

I put anti-sieze on my Spyderlocks since the bolts and inserts were pretty corroded after one winter with nothing protecting the bolts. I figure it's a good corrosion prevention and makes getting the bolts back out easy. I torque check mine once a month and they haven't lost torque in the last 8 months, when I took the bolts, inserts, and beadlock rings out and cleaned everything up.

blockrockin 11-07-2010 12:49 PM

cool thanks for the info.. yeah mine are pretty corroded also..so I'm gonna take your advice and put some anti-sieze on them..is ok to use the same bolts inserts even if they are corroded alittle ?

mjolnir 11-07-2010 01:03 PM

I use either loctite or anti-seize on almost everything.

nothing worse than a rusted in bolt :banghead:

highoctane 11-07-2010 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by blockrockin
cool thanks for the info.. yeah mine are pretty corroded also..so I'm gonna take your advice and put some anti-sieze on them..is ok to use the same bolts inserts even if they are corroded alittle ?

I reused mine. Just cleaned them all up with wd40 and a wire brush, cleaned all the crap and wd40 off, and reinstalled with anti-seize.

AZ_JK 11-08-2010 07:09 AM

Does anyone know what the torque spec is for the bead lock bolts on walker evans?

STUPIDFACE 11-08-2010 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by AZ_JK (Post 1928224)
Does anyone know what the torque spec is for the bead lock bolts on walker evans?

18 - 20 ft lbs.

AZ_JK 11-08-2010 09:22 AM

Thanks!:thumbsup:

Benchmark Designs Inc. 11-08-2010 09:26 AM

I use a very small amount of anti-seize on my Trailready's and torque them to 15 ft lbs. I recheck them every few months, but they don't seem to be loosening up. :thumbsup: