Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

beadlock bolts ?

Old 11-07-2010, 10:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default beadlock bolts ?

hi.. i was changing out tires on my spyderlock beadlocks... since i had everything apart i was wondering if it was a good idea to put anything on the beadlock bolts ? antiseze..or alittle thread locker ? not sure ... the bolts seemed alittle corroded when i took them out..and a few where kinda tough to get loose... i just figured since i had them apart now would be a good time to add anything if needed.. thanks alote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I usually run a little anti-seize compound. Not sure that it is necessary though, but since the wheels see water, I thought it was cheap insurance. Since I have run beadlocks on my daily drivers for years, I am religious about checking the torque on them regularly and have never bothered with loc-tite on the threads. Maybe someone else will chime in with a "why I run thread lock compound".
Old 11-07-2010, 12:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put anti-sieze on my Spyderlocks since the bolts and inserts were pretty corroded after one winter with nothing protecting the bolts. I figure it's a good corrosion prevention and makes getting the bolts back out easy. I torque check mine once a month and they haven't lost torque in the last 8 months, when I took the bolts, inserts, and beadlock rings out and cleaned everything up.
Old 11-07-2010, 12:49 PM
JK Junkie

cool thanks for the info.. yeah mine are pretty corroded also..so I'm gonna take your advice and put some anti-sieze on them..is ok to use the same bolts inserts even if they are corroded alittle ?
Old 11-07-2010, 01:03 PM
JK Super Freak

I use either loctite or anti-seize on almost everything.

nothing worse than a rusted in bolt
Old 11-07-2010, 04:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blockrockin
cool thanks for the info.. yeah mine are pretty corroded also..so I'm gonna take your advice and put some anti-sieze on them..is ok to use the same bolts inserts even if they are corroded alittle ?
I reused mine. Just cleaned them all up with wd40 and a wire brush, cleaned all the crap and wd40 off, and reinstalled with anti-seize.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Does anyone know what the torque spec is for the bead lock bolts on walker evans?
Old 11-08-2010, 08:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AZ_JK
Does anyone know what the torque spec is for the bead lock bolts on walker evans?
18 - 20 ft lbs.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks!
Old 11-08-2010, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

I use a very small amount of anti-seize on my Trailready's and torque them to 15 ft lbs. I recheck them every few months, but they don't seem to be loosening up.

Quick Reply: beadlock bolts ?