Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bedlining interior question

Old 02-09-2014, 11:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bedlining interior question

Got a question for y'all. I'm planning on doing the tub with monstaliner once it warms up. Pulling the carpets is straight forward but what have you done to get rid of the carpet on the rear storage area? I noticed most guys just pulled the whole thing out. Is there any way to remove the carpet off the top of the storage lid and reinstalling after it's lined underneath? Thanks guys.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by patjoedav19
Got a question for y'all. I'm planning on doing the tub with monstaliner once it warms up. Pulling the carpets is straight forward but what have you done to get rid of the carpet on the rear storage area? I noticed most guys just pulled the whole thing out. Is there any way to remove the carpet off the top of the storage lid and reinstalling after it's lined underneath? Thanks guys.
On my 09 it looks like the carpet is glued to the lid so it doesnt look like youll be able to remove the carpet to bedline it.
You can always go with an aftermarket lid and just bedline that or maybe make something like this but tailor it to your own needs https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...torage-178549/
Old 02-09-2014, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I removed mine but when I was researching to do this I csme across a thread where the guy burnt it off with a lil butane torch. Its just a fiberglass panel underneath
Old 02-09-2014, 02:08 PM
JK Newbie

Hmmmm I like that torch idea.....thanks for the idea
Old 02-09-2014, 03:11 PM
JK Newbie

I had my Jeep linexed

I just took a heat gun to the lid it melts hard and almost looks like the line x

and it was fun to watch it melt lol

Island Girl

Old 02-09-2014, 08:46 PM
JK Newbie

Default Torch it!

I took a torch to mine after I lined my tub.

Try a small section that is covered first to see if you like it.

I think it turned out real nice and no longer collected everything that touched it like when it had carpet.

Quick Reply: Bedlining interior question