Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best 2" BB

Old 05-11-2008, 07:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So then....

So after all this talk, a 2.5" BB is making me have gooogly eyes!

Which is the best 2.5" BB....differences....pros cons to each...?

So far the ones I've SEEN

Teraflex....Skyjacker....Rough Country?
Old 05-11-2008, 07:29 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by itsajeepthing
So after all this talk, a 2.5" BB is making me have gooogly eyes!

Which is the best 2.5" BB....differences....pros cons to each...?

So far the ones I've SEEN

Teraflex....Skyjacker....Rough Country?
oh man, do a search...you will find a million answers to that.....for me it came down to cost....RC $285 shipped with shocks...
Old 05-11-2008, 08:05 PM
JK Freak

What's the most complete package....some have the trackbar relocationg bracket some don't.....some have shocks some don't...

is the teraflex the only one with the trackbar relocation....what about the rubicon express.....oh man this is confusing.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

LOL

I told you, what you need is a 2" BL...the wheel wells will look the same as an equivalent lift...and its going to prevent rub while preserving up travel...as you primary need is tire clearance.

But, yeah, the 2.5" BB's are great...but, they will NOT prevent rub with 35's if you are doing trails...as the tire will still stuff up as it would w/o the BB....and if you add bumpstop extensions...they rob that uptravel, waste the wheel motion and stability you could have had.

If you do decide that the 2.5" BB is the way you're going....and you could always split the bet and do a 1" BL for example, and the BB...then the advantages/disadvantages of the kits comes down to how much wheel travel, handling and stability you want.

The height is what dictates what you need to compensate...as lifting the frame with coil spacers, or longer coils, etc...makes the frame further from the axles and steering components, etc...

...and some kits include compensation for that, such as longer or adjustable track bars, or a bracket to make up the difference, etc...and some do not.

TF has the most complete kit.

Some people feel that the track bar issues are so minor as to be putting diapers on flies, others are horrified at noticing one axle is shifted to the drivers side, the other to the passenger side, etc.

If you KNOW which group you'll fall into, the choice is then easy.

If you do not know, then you probably should get the kit that has it covered, or, get the less expensive one without those parts, and see how you like it...if its good, you're done, if you find yourself wanting the rest of the parts, just get them later.

A coil length clarification -

The Unlimited JK's, X, Sahara and Rubicon, ALL use the same part #'s for the coils.

The 2dr's of all also use the same as each other.

The 4 drs are heavier, and they get coils that are stiffer to support the extra weight.

If you swap on 4dr coils to a 2 dr, it will make you a bit taller, as your 2 dr is lighter than the 4 dr JK the coils were meant for.

It has zero to do with the Rubi...just if its a 2dr or a 4dr.

If you have a 4dr X or Sahara, and swap on coils from a Rubi 4dr...you swapped on the same coils your JK might have come with from the factory.

That' why the 4 dr Rubi was shorter than the JK with 3/4 spacers, etc.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by TEEJ; 05-12-2008 at 04:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Best 2" BB