Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

best 3-4.5" lift for On-Road handling

Old 06-24-2007, 08:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best 3-4.5" lift for On-Road handling

I know this has been discussed a lot, but I can't find the specific thread I was looking for and wanted some new opinions. What is everyone's opinions on what the best lift kit would be for on road handling? I want a lift 60% because of looks, and 40% for off-road. Off-road I have found the factory suspension to be more than adequate, but I want it taller to improve breakover angle, as I have gotten high centered at the crest of a couple of steep hills. I read a thread a while back from someone who had I think a 4" lift that they said not only improved ride quality, but more importantly (for me at least) improved handling. They said that with that lift, the JK could take corners a little faster. Anyone remember what lift this was, or which thread it was in? Any other opinions? I am wanting to run 35" BFG mud terrains, but don't want to get a lift that is going to make handling worse. Thanks a bunch.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would like to know as well!! My JK will be my daily driver, but I will be off road, but nothing hardcore. I would also like to know what 3-4" lift would be a good choice for road manners, but is complete enough to be versatile off road!!
Old 06-25-2007, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

Anyone? I know people have discussed this already, but everything I have read so far is generic, as in "my Jeep rides better than factory" with lift kit X. Any thing more specific, such as handling, and any opinions as to which company's lift performs best in this regard? I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Quick Reply: best 3-4.5" lift for On-Road handling