Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best deal on Duratrac tires?

Old 07-22-2014, 08:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Best deal on Duratrac tires?

So I am planning to make an order in the states for some Jeep parts and figured to pickup tires when I am down there. Anyone know the best deal on tires? I'm looking for 4 Duratrac LT315/70R17's.

Seems some offer free shipping, some don't, some have pricing all over the place. I'd be picking this up in Montana so shipping would stay in the lower 48 states. Any recommended sponsored or non sponsored vendors?
Old 07-22-2014, 10:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Discount Tire Direct, they will beat any price you find.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

X2 for Discount Tire. Direct or nearby shop if you have one. Duratracs are great all-round tires and I hope Goodyear decides to make the 37" some day!
Old 07-22-2014, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

No Kidding.... Duratracs are a great tire. I run them on my truck and am thing of putting them on the 2015 wrangler when it gets here. I do wish there was a 37 though. Great choice for the snow you will see up there across the border.

x3 Discount tire dirrect
Old 07-22-2014, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

Try Just Tires!!! Duratracs are made by Goodyear and Goodyear owns Just Tires Stores!!! They beat all other stores including Discount Tires!!!
Old 07-22-2014, 11:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys!

I had the Duratracs on my 2 door but it was still white knuckle driving for some parts of winter on the highway up here. I still hear great things about them so planning to put them on the 4 door now and the longer wheel base should help the highway travel in winter.

How many of you guys run them year round? I used them only in winter/spring since I got some hand down micky MTZ's for summer use (both were 33's). Except now with 35's its a rather costly upgrade.
Old 07-22-2014, 11:52 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vladimer
Thanks guys!

I had the Duratracs on my 2 door but it was still white knuckle driving for some parts of winter on the highway up here. I still hear great things about them so planning to put them on the 4 door now and the longer wheel base should help the highway travel in winter.

How many of you guys run them year round? I used them only in winter/spring since I got some hand down micky MTZ's for summer use (both were 33's). Except now with 35's its a rather costly upgrade.
I agree they aren't that great in snow, but I think it's just the Wrangler in the snow that's the issue. Maybe the Duratracs are good in very deep snow? Don't know, didn't get anything too deep last year. I'll probably catch some heat for this but I've driven Range Rovers in bad snow(P38 and L322) and they were much better.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also got mine from discount tire direct. They matched any price I gave them.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My Sears beat Discount Tire and have better and cheaper warranty.
Old 07-22-2014, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Tirebuyer.com actually had the best price when I bought. Even discount tire could not beat them.

Quick Reply: Best deal on Duratrac tires?