Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

best lift with 35's

Old 02-27-2009, 12:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face best lift with 35's

I'm goin to look at an 09 rubicon Unlimited automatic tomorrow. I was wondering what the best suspension lift would be to have 35's with. And what else I would have to do to it (driveshaft,gear,etc) I'm not lookn for a long arm because it will mostly be drivn in the city and a weekend cruiser. Also what offset rims and rim size would you reccomend. Any other info would be awesome and some pics of yours would be great. Thanks
Old 02-27-2009, 12:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum. I think the best suggestion is to use the SEARCH function. There is a TON of facts and opinions on these topics and there is no way to even begin to put it all into this thread...
Old 02-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum!! Take moment and download the 209 TearFlex catalog from my sig line below. Give me a call if you have any questions.

Joe
Old 02-27-2009, 02:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a note...I put 35's on with a 2" RE BB kit. I grind the rear fenders when I get twisted up. Adding a RC 1.25" BL next week. That should clear things up I hope.

My daily driver, but I get off the road about once a month if I can.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:17 PM
JK Junkie

there are great deals on the for sale section as well from other members looking to upgrade
Old 02-27-2009, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Default Here's what you need:

A 3" Teraflex coil spring lift and rims with 4.5" backspacing. I just lifted mine this week. Eventually you will want to change your stock gears as well. I am going with 5.13's with an automatic. You don't need to change the drivelines unless you go wheelin with the front disconnected.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0201.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	19920  
Old 02-27-2009, 03:30 PM
JK Super Freak

I talked to someone pretty high up in the Jk forum community and he said the best set up may be 3" lift with 35's. It will get you pretty much anywhere and is still perfect for a D.D.

Teraflex is the way to go. Just look at your second response to see one of the may reasons why.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:36 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm running the 2.5 Tera Flex coil kit on mine with 35's no rubbing and the ride is very stock like. I've had to upgrade my front Upper and Lower control arms to adjustable ones to get my castor corrected, also have the front adjustable trackbar.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:38 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by sully151
I talked to someone pretty high up in the Jk forum community and he said the best set up may be 3" lift with 35's. It will get you pretty much anywhere and is still perfect for a D.D.

Teraflex is the way to go. Just look at your second response to see one of the may reasons why.
I love my 35's and 3" Long arm, I'm not sure I'll change it anytime soon. Its perfect for a DD and I can go anywhere I want too
Old 02-27-2009, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here's my two cents.

4 inches of lift--very easy, do it yourself. You can start wtih a basic lift and front lower control arms and add as your budget allows. It will also allow you to move to 37's should you choose to in the future.

New drive shafts--I went 1350's but if I was doing it again, i would just go oe flange.

Wheels with about 4.5 back spacing--17 inch rims--dont go 16's, I think tires selection is better wtih 17's--go bfg km2's, they are awesome, I'm slowly replcing my procomps, one at a time.

5.13's with an auto and a programer to get everything correct, with a 30 percent overdrive on the autos you need all the gearing you can get.

Quick Reply: best lift with 35's