Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Best tire PSI for MTR/K's for snow...

Old 02-04-2014, 10:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best tire PSI for MTR/K's for snow...

Ok so I have the MTR's 37/12.5/17

We are supposed to get a foot if snow, I need a psi recommendation for a day of running errands with some stretches on the highway...

Thanks

Matthew
Old 02-05-2014, 12:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't live where it snows, but have lived many years and places where it does. IMO I wouldn't change my psi if I was sure my contact patch was utilizing the entire tread block. If you're running a psi now that does that I'd say you're good to go.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Depends on the depth of the snow. Mostly low psi really helps when you're breaking through thick powder. If you're running on scraped roads and thin layers, I wouldn't worry about psi too much.
When we do snow runs, I'll drop down to 2psi....I don't recommend that for the highway
Old 02-05-2014, 11:40 AM
JK Freak

I run MTR/K's in a 35x12.5x15 and I leave my pressure alone when it snows. I run around 30psi on the road and in Duluth, MN where we often get 12-20 inches of snow at a time. Throw in the fact that the city is on a steep hill and it makes winter driving fun. These tires have gotten me through snow and ice and never let me down.
Old 02-05-2014, 11:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I'm driving in untouched powder I drop to the low side of a normal wheeling pressure (10-12). I would never drive very fast at these pressures though..... But then again if you can drive fast you shouldn't need to air down at all.

Quick Reply: Best tire PSI for MTR/K's for snow...