Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bestop Duster Deck Cover

Old 08-04-2007, 11:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bestop Duster Deck Cover

Has anyone used one of these on a JK or a TJ. I am assuming that you need to remove your soft top and hardware but it says in the description that it protects the rear seat. Will the seat still fit with the cover on or does that need to be removed as well? Also has any one used the complete set of windjammer, bikini, and duster? How water proof is it?

Last edited by dougolupski; 08-04-2007 at 11:46 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've used it on my TJ and my JK.... let me see if I can get all your questions answered.

1. On the TJ, you did NOT need to remove the soft top (a feature that I really liked). On the JK, the soft top must go.

2. The seat fits, tho it must be folded, and not tumbled. I use a piece of velcro strapping to hold it in the down position.

3. I have and currently do use the complete set. You aren't going to get wet, but there is a few inches around the back of the windjammer that leaves you exposed. I wouldn't really call it a risk tho.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-05-2007, 08:30 AM
JK Freak

Default love mine

I have the duster deck cover for my 4 door and love it . I dont have the wind jammer but the safari top/deck cover combo. You have to use the rear window retainer from the factory soft top to seal the tailgate. I have thought about fabbing some sort of arched crossbar because it does collect water when sitting still. Overall keeps things dry and out of sight.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies guys thats what I wanted to know.

Quick Reply: Bestop Duster Deck Cover