Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bestop Instatrunk?

Old 05-02-2011, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Bestop Instatrunk?

Hi guys & gals!

I'm wondering if the Instatrunk is worth it? I need some decent amount of lockable space in my 2 dr.

I've narrowed my choice to either the Instatrunk or the Mopar add-a trunk.

Which one to go with?
Old 05-02-2011, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you posted this up, I am interested as well...
Old 05-02-2011, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Question

No one has either of these products?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:15 PM
JK Newbie

I had an Instatrunk on a TJ and it worked just fine. Heavy construction and fair value. For the JK I assume it would be the same. Great for soft tops.
Old 05-03-2011, 02:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Thanks for the reply. I do have a soft top, hence the need for lockable storage more than the glovebox and console. Anyone else?
Old 05-03-2011, 03:41 AM
JK Newbie

I have had the instatrunk for 2 years. It does give you a good lockable space although anyone with a good prybar could pop it open. It cuts down your storage space somewhat as it leaves a 3 inch gap so the rear seat can still fold up. As long as you can use softshell bags (duffles) you can fit quite a bit in there.
And it does go in and out easily, 4 hand screw bolts.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im curious as to how it bolts up. Im in the process of building my own and any close up pics would be helpful...sorry to hijack op
Old 05-03-2011, 04:42 AM
JK Newbie

I have the Bestop. It makes the area a little smaller. I find with the soft top that it's a little trick to getting the back window out because the top of the box rests right on the tail gate for a good seal. With the tail gate open you have to get your fingers in between the box and the back window bar to pull the that window bar out. It's easy to install. There are holes already in the jeep were the plugs go. The screws then go into the plugs. Three screws is all. About half hour to put in. I took mine out, only use it when traveling. Don't like it much, but it's secures my few things that I have.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good information right there! I wasn't sure how it would affect the rear window. I'm thinking of going with the the Tuffy deck cover instead, the one that replaces the stock cover. When I get my replacement exhaust, I'm also going to get the woods tub enlargement
Old 07-21-2011, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

does anyone know if you can buy those wellnuts at any hardware store or would you have to get in contact with bestop to get replacements? i messed one of mine up when installing. haste makes waste...

Quick Reply: Bestop Instatrunk?