Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Better door gaskets

Old 09-20-2017, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Better door gaskets

This past weekend, I had my jeep at Rausch Creek out in PA and I found out the hard way just how NOT waterproof my doors are. I tried to pass through the water at the bottom of Winch Hill, ended up in water up to about the headlight on the passenger side, and got about an inch or 2 of water inside.

Can anybody out there suggest any aftermarket door gaskets that can help better waterproof my doors? If not, does anybody have any homegrown fixes that could help?

All suggestions welcome.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:57 AM
JK Newbie

rip the carpet out pull all the drain plugs remove your doors.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

What year is the jeep? I updated my 2010 with the current door seals and they work much better.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:45 PM
JK Newbie

I probably will take the carpets out next time, but its a daily driver sop its a hassle to take them out and put them back every time. And its a 2014 Rubicon.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:01 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Something's amiss. I've been in plenty of water the past decade with my Jeep and the only leaking I have--call it a quarter cup or so of water entry--is where I added the plastic door sill guards. Plenty of other folks with me during those trips, and no one ever commented they had significant water entry.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Buckhorn OHV Trails, Jan 14, 7_3488, Brandy River Crossing (Mark's Jeep).jpg
Views:	160
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	675019
Old 10-11-2017, 07:06 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all the input guys. Ordered some new factory seals to start with so we'll see how that works. If that fails, maybe ill pack them with something to give a little extra seal to em.

Again, thanks for the input and wheel on!

Quick Reply: Better door gaskets