Better door gaskets

Better door gaskets

JK Newbie

Default Better door gaskets

This past weekend, I had my jeep at Rausch Creek out in PA and I found out the hard way just how NOT waterproof my doors are. I tried to pass through the water at the bottom of Winch Hill, ended up in water up to about the headlight on the passenger side, and got about an inch or 2 of water inside.

Can anybody out there suggest any aftermarket door gaskets that can help better waterproof my doors? If not, does anybody have any homegrown fixes that could help?

All suggestions welcome.

rip the carpet out pull all the drain plugs remove your doors.

What year is the jeep? I updated my 2010 with the current door seals and they work much better.
    2010 2dr with the usual goods

JK Newbie

I probably will take the carpets out next time, but its a daily driver sop its a hassle to take them out and put them back every time. And its a 2014 Rubicon.

Something's amiss. I've been in plenty of water the past decade with my Jeep and the only leaking I have--call it a quarter cup or so of water entry--is where I added the plastic door sill guards. Plenty of other folks with me during those trips, and no one ever commented they had significant water entry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Buckhorn OHV Trails, Jan 14, 7_3488, Brandy River Crossing (Mark's Jeep).jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	675019

JK Newbie

Thanks for all the input guys. Ordered some new factory seals to start with so we'll see how that works. If that fails, maybe ill pack them with something to give a little extra seal to em.

Again, thanks for the input and wheel on!