Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

BFG MTs or Mickey Thompson MTZs?

Old 04-03-2007, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by h20squirter
i have had BFG MT's on a truck before, never on a Jeep. i have the MTZ's right now on my JK, sized 315's. i can say i love them! i have no complaints with them so far.
We got 315 75r16 MTZ no issues,going on a run this weekend,looks great...no issues.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TEV
Well im in the 35" tire market and wanted some imput. Both of these tires are in my price range and was wondering what you guys would get. The MTZs are slightly cheaper but not by much. Or if you have another recommendation please chime in. They will probably mostly be seeing mud and highway but may see a little rock every now and then.
I've seen and heard nothing but good on the MT Baja MTZ's, they grip like a mofo, but if you're doing DD, the TrXus seem to drive and wear better on the highway. Just depends on what you're willing to give up...capability on the trails, or endurance on the roads.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:22 AM
JK Newbie

Both, the Trxus and BFG wear much better as a DD.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Fallen Hero

I had a set of trXuss also and they got great tire wear and I had no tracktions probles with them either. Well there was one time in Alaska when I decided that I could make it over the 5 foot snow bank. But that was not the tires fault that the snow bank collapsed leaving me to crawl out my window to get hauled out by a Hemmet(8wd truck)

Quick Reply: BFG MTs or Mickey Thompson MTZs?