Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Big O tires...

Old 05-22-2007, 02:51 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Big O tires...

Does anyone have any experience with Big O tires? I am looking at their "Bigfoot" tire, kind of a cross between an M/T and an A/T. Their warranty seems great (3 year balance/hazard/replacement/with roadside assistance) I am wondering if they are as good as other brands? I can get them much cheaper than the BFG M/T's and the Mickey Thompson (About $100 less a tire) They are much more aggressive than the pic looks, the side biters & tread are deep on the 31" I saw.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ran Big-O's when i lived in Colorado and had them 33's on my XJ. they ran well and held up great. 50k miles from what i remember and alot cheaper than buying a name brand. they always took care of me when i threw a balance weight on a trail.

Just my .02...
Old 05-22-2007, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had Big O MTs on my 1 ton pickup and found that the tires didn't last much over 30K. Ran BFGoodrich ATs the next time and they lasted over 40K. It was a very heavy diesel truck so not sure how much this will apply for jeeps but I wouldn't buy big O tires again for the heavy truck.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:24 PM
JK Super Freak

I've seen alot of rigs using them here in Oregon. They looked good and with as many as I've seen I would think they must be pretty good. Price is right and if you can get even 30K out of them that's ok in my book. I used to run recaps on my 4X4 1 ton crew cab and I was getting 30K out of those.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ran the older version of the MT that looks like the tire pictured in a 33" on my YJ when it was new. They worked well, but tended to cut easily. No worse than BFGs that I see punctured on the trail.

Their warranty was excelent. I replaced all of the tires at least once with little trouble from the dealer. No idea of how long they would last with street driving since they always seemed to be new!!
Old 05-22-2007, 09:52 PM
JK Freak

Had 31" ATs on my previous TJ, had to replace them with BFG ATs at about 3000 miles. They were 'cupping', term used by BigO for uneven tread wear, they said due to lack of rotation...should not have been that bad, they were just coming up on rotation time...anyway, will not buy them again. Also, BigO store I bought them from couldn't balance tires successfully, no matter which tire I ran, so they soured me on their store...my .02

glwood
Old 05-22-2007, 11:10 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glwood6
Had 31" ATs on my previous TJ, had to replace them with BFG ATs at about 3000 miles. They were 'cupping', term used by BigO for uneven tread wear, they said due to lack of rotation...should not have been that bad, they were just coming up on rotation time...anyway, will not buy them again. Also, BigO store I bought them from couldn't balance tires successfully, no matter which tire I ran, so they soured me on their store...my .02

glwood
and under inflation.

i say give it a shot. $100 cheaper, huh. do they ship?
Old 05-23-2007, 08:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by degenerate
and under inflation.

i say give it a shot. $100 cheaper, huh. do they ship?
Just think of what you could buy with the $500.oo you save on 5 tires.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:05 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rupedog
Just think of what you could buy with the $500.oo you save on 5 tires.

I just had a big O thinking about it.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:11 AM
JK Junkie

Big O................... there just a myth.

Quick Reply: Big O tires...