Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Blue ox base plates

Old 04-30-2011, 08:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blue ox base plates

I have a blue ox baseplate on my jk and would like to buy a front bumper. Which bumper can I use or can i even change bumpers now.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:45 PM
JK Jedi

I have no idea what a blue ox base plate is.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:52 AM
JK Newbie

Default blue ox baseplate

Blue ox baseplate.....a steel bracket located just below the bumper and mounted to the frame, typically used to hook up a tow bar to tow vehicle behind a motor home....I am interested in the same, ie., an aftermarket bumper that will work leaving the blue ox base plate in place.....anyone????? it looks to me any after market bumper would work as long as it did not extend below the bottom of the stock factory bumper....not sure how to determine this from the aftermarket mfg. specs....anyone using an aftermarket bumper with the blue ox setup????
Old 05-01-2011, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

it looks to me any after market bumper would work as long as it did not extend below the bottom of the stock factory bumper

I've got the Blue Ox BX 1126 base plate on my 2007 JK 2 door. The very 1st mod after I got it while it was still completely stock. Added the Mopar off road bumper a bit later with no problems at all. I agree that any aftermarket bumper should work.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:57 PM
JK Newbie

Default blueox baseplate

I am running a blue ox baseplate with a shrockworks mid width front bumper. I had to modify the lower shrockworks skid plate to fit the lower baseplate bracket, but it really protects my elect disc box.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:38 PM
JK Newbie

Do you know if a poison spider bumper will work.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:49 PM
JK Newbie

I just talked to RockHard and you can tow with there bumpers D ring mounts. They even make a adapter for a Blue Ox tow bar.

Quick Reply: Blue ox base plates