Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

The "bofer84 locker mod"...quick question

Old 02-24-2009, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The "bofer84 locker mod"...quick question

Awhile back there was a post on here by bofer84 detailing a mod which has since been dubbed the "bofer84 locker mod". Anybody who's done this knows what I'm talking about. Anyway, I'm trying to talk another member through this mod and I can't find the original thread (had a bookmark to it, but it says "thread not found" when I try to go there...).

I can't remember which wire (what color) to tap into in the locker relays. My memory says purple, but I'm not sure and I don't want to tell him the wrong one. I can't get to my Jeep now to check, so I figgered I'd post up and see if anybody knows.

Thanks.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ght=locker+mod
Old 02-24-2009, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you look in my sig, you'll see a link to that same post....unfortunately, that's a SUPLLEMENT to the original writeup, and nowhere in there does it say anything about which wire to tap in the locker relays.

Thanks anyway.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've done this mod (although I refer to it as "Locker-on-Demand") but whatever. For the front locker ya tap into the violet with dark blue stripe wire and the rear it's the violet with light green stripe wire. Hope that helps!

Edit; you may also want to consider the ESP/BAS disable mod if ya plan (ever) on locking the rear in 2 wheel drive.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Michigan Mike
I've done this mod (although I refer to it as "Locker-on-Demand") but whatever. For the front locker ya tap into the violet with dark blue stripe wire and the rear it's the violet with light green stripe wire. Hope that helps!

Edit; you may also want to consider the ESP/BAS disable mod if ya plan (ever) on locking the rear in 2 wheel drive.

Cool. I'll pass it on, thanks.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

BTW if ya get stuck or need adittional info I've got the entire write-up with pic's stored on my home confuser.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:22 PM
JK Freak

If you PM me with your Email, I'll send you the file.

Quick Reply: The "bofer84 locker mod"...quick question