Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bosch bracketless wipers

Old 02-04-2009, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bosch bracketless wipers

Has anyone found a set of bracketless wipers that fit your Jeep?

http://www.boschautoparts.com/Products/WiperBlades/Icon.htm

I was at the local auto shop and they told me they couldn't get them in any of the brands they carry. The closest was probably 2 inches too long.

I have them on my VW and they are great, especially when it's really cold. No issues with freezing the sliding bracket in place.

Thanks,
Beel

Last edited by toad; 02-04-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Had a set of these on my old GTI and were great as well. I didn't go with the Icons on the Jeep because a) i don't think they would look right on a Jeep and b) because of the upright front windshield i don't think they would perform especially well with the aerodynamic properties of said blade

I just went ahead and purchased a set of the Bosch Excel wiper blades and they work just as well, and they give you the spring loaded mechanical advantage of a regular blade.

IIRC you need a 15" version and they pop right in with the fastener that is on the blade out of the box
Old 02-04-2009, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Im running the exact wipers on my JK. I just got the shortest length that they had. 18" i believe. They do not hit paint or eachother and they work so much better than the stock wipers.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:17 PM
JK Junkie

I have the Bosch, you can get them in 16" but not 15 like come on the Jeep. The 16 work with no issues. I had to order them online.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Foo
JK Enthusiast

I got a cool set of yellow ones for my Jeep from sillblade, and they have ones for a JK.

They are pricey though..
Old 02-04-2009, 07:06 PM
JK Newbie

Silblade has a 5 year warranty if I remember correctly. I bought one set and just kept getting them warrantied every few months. Made up for the price.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Newbie

not to try to revive an old thread, but I have been considering the rain x latitude or equivalent just to test them out. stock blades tend to flutter in this desert wind at high speed. anyhow, I found 16" rain x latitudes just under $15 for the pair.
I went ahead and bought a pair. if anyone is interested, the ebay number is 310129909472

if anyone has used these and wants to say good or bad about them, I'd like to hear.

Thanks.

Patrick
Mojave Desert
Old 04-13-2009, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Does anyone have pics. I don't think I have ever seen these
Old 12-19-2009, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MojaveDesertJK
not to try to revive an old thread, but I have been considering the rain x latitude or equivalent just to test them out. stock blades tend to flutter in this desert wind at high speed. anyhow, I found 16" rain x latitudes just under $15 for the pair.
I went ahead and bought a pair. if anyone is interested, the ebay number is 310129909472

if anyone has used these and wants to say good or bad about them, I'd like to hear.

Thanks.

Patrick
Mojave Desert
I recently got a pair and love them. Had the Bosch and hated them - after a couple weeks they just didn't seem to work.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:31 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

I use to only use those style blades but the quality sucks and they wipe very well at first but that doesn't last long. I always tend to have problems with the end caps, they keep falling off after several months. Now I just buy the plain old Rain-X steel framed blades. They're cheap to buy, wipe extremely well and last quite awhile. For the winters I use Anco heavy duty truck wiper blades from a local International dealer.

Quick Reply: Bosch bracketless wipers