Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Brake Dash Light On - Stuck in Gear

Old 06-10-2021, 01:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Dash Light On - Stuck in Gear

Afternoon All, hoping to find some answers or similar experiences here. 2015 JKU.

When I start off driving BRAKE dash light comes on almost immediately and Jeep will then not shift out of gear. Stays in 1st typically, but has stuck in 2nd when I've shifted into manual 2nd. Have been able to resolve by stopping, turning off Jeep and restarting. Issue has begun to happen more consistently. Anyone experienced anything like this? I know that I've thrown a wheel speed sensor, could this be related?

Thank you in advance!
Old 06-11-2021, 05:40 AM
wgw
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

have a MT 6 spd so no issue in shfiting but had similiar issue, reader said speed sensor..changed it, also noticed what I felt was a sticky caliper, confirmed with IR gun and replaced, so far all good.... were you showing ABS light /traction control ?
Old 12-01-2021, 07:09 AM
JK Newbie

Hey sir, Im actually happy to see this post. I have the exact same issue, what was needed to resolve the issue?
Old 04-14-2023, 07:01 AM
JK Newbie

Default Another Brake Dash Light On - Stuck in Gear

Hello Everyone,

Did anyone find out how to fix this issue? This just happened to me and before I run out and grab speed sensors, I would like to know what else would cause this?

Thank you
Old 01-23-2024, 09:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JackD
Afternoon All, hoping to find some answers or similar experiences here. 2015 JKU.

When I start off driving BRAKE dash light comes on almost immediately and Jeep will then not shift out of gear. Stays in 1st typically, but has stuck in 2nd when I've shifted into manual 2nd. Have been able to resolve by stopping, turning off Jeep and restarting. Issue has begun to happen more consistently. Anyone experienced anything like this? I know that I've thrown a wheel speed sensor, could this be related?

Thank you in advance!
After talking to the dealership tech the right rear wheel speed sensor is somehow connected to the brake system. They kink the wires from the factory and this causes a short. You can see the kink where the wires are attached to the frame. This is most likely your problem. I have fixed mine twice now. The ESC traction control and ABS systems on the JK are horrible. When diagnosing the wheel speed sensors you need a scanner that will show live data to each wheel. However if the ABS light comes on along with the brake light you can be pretty certain its the right rear speed sensor. Why this keeps the JK from shifting is beyond me. Should be a recall from Jeep.

Quick Reply: Brake Dash Light On - Stuck in Gear