Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Brake Lines

Old 03-20-2011, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Teraflex 3inch lift installed on my Jeep. I have never liked the way my brake lines look after the install with the zip ties. They are extended brake lines bought from Northridge. Here are some pics, if you see something wrong can you please post or post pics of yours. Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-532240999.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	139982   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-890067014.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	139983  
Old 03-20-2011, 02:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Odd that they are zip tied to the shock. But maybe that's because your lines seem a little long. Don't know. Mine just hang out of the way. But from the looks of it, should work fine. Have you flexed it out like that yet? Just make sure when fully flexed, nothing is binding or pulling on your lines.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by renpia
Odd that they are zip tied to the shock. But maybe that's because your lines seem a little long. Don't know. Mine just hang out of the way. But from the looks of it, should work fine. Have you flexed it out like that yet? Just make sure when fully flexed, nothing is binding or pulling on your lines.
I just had them hanging and I ended up replacing both of them. The tires rubbed through and I had no brakes. Luckily I was in my driveway when it happened.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rtbksmith
I just had them hanging and I ended up replacing both of them. The tires rubbed through and I had no brakes. Luckily I was in my driveway when it happened.
That sucks. I check mine periodically and so far no signs of rubbing on my lines.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:46 PM
JK Freak

Did your kit come with bumsptops? when parked I have like 2 1/2" till the bumpstops hit. And when I checked it out today it appears to be bottoming out. maybe need a spacer. anyway..I think u should make a metal bracket of some sort--don't zip tie
Old 03-22-2011, 04:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can other people show me their setups? Thanks.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:16 AM
JK Freak

I only tied then to the ABS line and made sure they were correctly aimed away frim the tires. no rubbing

Quick Reply: Brake Lines