Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Brake upgrades

Old 10-02-2014, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake upgrades

I have been looking into upgrading the brakes on my 2008 JK. What are the the best upgrades? I looked at the Teraflex front brake kit. Seems most are just for the front wheels. Are you guys doing just the front or all 4? Thanks for any input you have in advance.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

there was a thread on this a little while back. Hit the search button
Old 10-02-2014, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been thinking about that and looking at what's out there too. It's getting close to time for some new binders all around!! I might do some slotted disk an EBC pads.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cat Dr.
I have been looking into upgrading the brakes on my 2008 JK. What are the the best upgrades? I looked at the Teraflex front brake kit. Seems most are just for the front wheels. Are you guys doing just the front or all 4? Thanks for any input you have in advance.
I love my TF Big Brake Kit. Slotted rotors and bigger calipers on the front, I also put better pads on the rear. Stopping power is much improved.

Of all my upgrades this is the one that I recommend most.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Black Magic Brakes has a big brake kit that's highly rated
Old 10-02-2014, 07:16 PM
JK Super Freak

I had a similar question not long ago. After getting many recommendations here in the forum I decided for changing just the pads.

I chose the EBC Yellow Stuff. They indeed brake very well and do not lose the grip even super hot. A couple times I started smelling the burned-brake odor during some long steep slopes and they kept going.

Only problem is that they release a lot of dust. My front wheels are now constantly dark gray.

So, if I would buy new ones now I probably would get the newer red stuff for Jeeps that EBC says are not so dirty. There's also the green stuff but those seem recommended for more standard drive.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by maxspongebob
I love my TF Big Brake Kit. Slotted rotors and bigger calipers on the front, I also put better pads on the rear. Stopping power is much improved. Of all my upgrades this is the one that I recommend most.
Me too! Probably my best upgrade, that and the Fox ATS. These brakes stop so hard that I can get the ABS going on hard pavement with 35s and about 1,000 pounds of armor and racks. Makes driving a jeep a lot safer!
Old 10-02-2014, 08:40 PM
JK Newbie

How much did the upgrade run?
Old 10-03-2014, 08:29 AM
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Take a look at our Restraint JK Brake Upgrade kit.

Restraint By Rebel Off Road: Complete Brake Upgrade For Jeep Wrangler Jk
Old 10-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cat Dr.
Hopefully the rear kit will be announced soon.

Quick Reply: Brake upgrades