Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Broken rear track bar mount!

Old 01-20-2011, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken rear track bar mount!

Hey all, so I was driving home from work tonight and noticed a very funny fish tailing sensation.... Ice I figured, but no ice! Got on the highway and then on the off ramp heard an unusual noise... Time to inspect, found the rear track bar mount to be broken! Got it home and to a welder at a buddy's house to patch it till I have some free time to make a stouter mount. Not sure if anyone has had this problem before.... But I want to warn people with similar set-ups as me. I have the black diamond 3 inch lift and the relocation bracket for the rear track bar. The extra leverage on the stock mount on the axle was just pushed and pulled one to many times.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:54 PM
JK Jedi Master

This has been a problem since the fist axle side track bar relocation bracket has been around. I have seen several home brew fixes with extra support as well as a weld on support made by JKS.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thats scary glad nothing happened
Old 01-20-2011, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robar
This has been a problem since the fist axle side track bar relocation bracket has been around. I have seen several home brew fixes with extra support as well as a weld on support made by JKS.
You wouldnt happen to know of any blueprints I can follow for a better homemade mount would ya?
Old 01-20-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Mr_wiki
You wouldnt happen to know of any blueprints I can follow for a better homemade mount would ya?
Weld-On Track Bar Brace Installation

TeraFlex rear track bar bracket, axle side install

JKS vs Teraflex trackbar brackets

Rear Trackbar Bracket

JKS Rear TrackBar Brace

Fixed my rear TrackBar bracket permanantly!!

This is all I could find right now. I couldn't find any of the home repair and support projects.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by planman
Just give David (northridge4x4) a call and order the JKS rear weld-on trackbar bracket.
that would be great! but..... will it work with my track bar relocation bracket???
Old 01-20-2011, 05:38 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Mr_wiki
that would be great! but..... will it work with my track bar relocation bracket???
If you look at the TeraFlex bracket there are 3 different positions that you can attach you track bar to. This may make your relocation bracket unnecessary.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

Superlift makes a really nice and very strong rear track bar reinforcement! It is available separately and is weld-on AND bolt-on ... very stout piece!

It's in the first link above - that's a great idea of making a skid plate to finish it off ... I'll be doing that to mine as well!! Nice fabrication!

Last edited by Chinpokumon; 01-20-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:19 PM
JK Newbie

Not a huge fan of their other stuff, but ProComp makes a great bolt-on heavy duty rear track bar bracket. I love mine.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Moab 4x4 outpost makes a gusset kit that will work with that setup. If you can weld this is a great kit and only $49. I've had this kit on mine for 2 years and everything is holding great.

Last edited by hammerhead; 01-20-2011 at 07:43 PM.

Quick Reply: Broken rear track bar mount!