Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Budget boost

Old 01-02-2008, 04:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HEY NOT TRYING TO BE A KILLJOY BUT GO TO SEARCH AND LOOK UP THE DEATH WOBBLE AND ESP TRAC CONT ISSUES SOME PEOPLE ARE HAVING WITH BB I THINK ONE WAS POSTED BY "SILVERGSTONEJK"
Old 01-02-2008, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see no issues with a BB lift, but that depends on how picky you are. Sure, a coil replacement lift is almost always a better alternative, but it is called a "budget boost" for a reason. You simply cannot expect a straight BB lift to perform, or for that matter, have the same long term effects as a traditional lift. I too run a TF 2.5" BB (for now) and wasn't happy with the axle shift issues. I experienced them on my TJ and knew what to expect on my JK. Handling and ride ARE effected, however it's very slight. I am just one of those people that likes it "right", and mine did seem bouncier and you could feel the axles tugging against the trackbars on every bump. I chose to install front and rear adj. trackbars to correct the axle issues. Worked like a charm and let's me upgrade in the future without having to worry about them.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:28 PM
JK Jedi

I looked at the BB at first, but when I saw that the Rusty's 2" coil spring lift was $349, I went with that instead. It provided about 3" of lift up front and 2.5" at the rear. I like the way it articulates and it is only slightly more $$ than a BB.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by armycop
I looked at the BB at first, but when I saw that the Rusty's 2" coil spring lift was $349, I went with that instead. It provided about 3" of lift up front and 2.5" at the rear. I like the way it articulates and it is only slightly more $$ than a BB.
Where might one order a Rusty's coil spring lift???
Old 01-02-2008, 08:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rusty's offroad of course (google it). Seems like an incomplete kit though (no drop brackets etc). Am i wrong?
Old 01-03-2008, 09:10 AM
JK Newbie

Default Low lift but full package

From all the reviews and searches I did, and from Dave (northridge4x4.com) I would recommend the Old Man Emu 2". It is a full lift with coils and shocks and rides better than stock according to everyone.

I am putting in an RE 2" BB because I will wait to put in a Full Traction Ultimate ;-)
Old 01-03-2008, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Question emu for JK?

Originally Posted by RapierJK
From all the reviews and searches I did, and from Dave (northridge4x4.com) I would recommend the Old Man Emu 2". It is a full lift with coils and shocks and rides better than stock according to everyone.

I am putting in an RE 2" BB because I will wait to put in a Full Traction Ultimate ;-)
As far as I can tell, Old Man Emu does not make a lift for the JK.

Am I wrong?
Old 01-03-2008, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bratt yes OME does offer a lift for the JK. Look at northridge4x4 they have them. From what I have heard they are an excellent lift.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:23 AM
JK Jedi Master

Look here.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=OME-JK-2HD
Old 01-03-2008, 10:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At around $700 for 2 inches though.... It's a high price to pay! Is the OME at least a fully loaded kit???

I know new adjustable traction bar is more or less needed for the budget boosts. Does this come in the OME to make up for the high cost? Or is it just another over-priced JK hot-item?

Heck, at that price, I can get the Rusty's 2inch kit.... the terraflex basic budget boost, and some traction bars and invent my own Wayland kit... with drop brackets, coil lift, shocks and whatever else needed, and still have some cash left over for some grab handles

Quick Reply: Budget boost