Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Budget Boost Kit Help

Old 10-01-2008, 06:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Budget Boost Kit Help

Can anyone suggest a 2-2.5 inch BB for my 2-door '07 wrangler. I probably wont get shocks with them and im looking for the most reliable, easiest to install and most decently priced. Probably to much to ask for but any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 10-01-2008, 07:19 AM
JK Newbie

thats what i have been hearing...has anyone installed these themselves? how easy, drilling?, ect
Old 10-01-2008, 07:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been happy with my 2" Black Diamond BB.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

i did a rough country 2.5 bb lift w shocks on sat and im really happy with it , not only is it up a few inches it leveled out the front end too , took under 4 hours to do , and it rides even better then stock , great shocks , good luck
Old 10-01-2008, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed two 2" FullTraction lifts. Price is right and install is straight forward
Old 10-01-2008, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

i would have to agree with the rough country kit. i got mine without the shocks and it worked fine for me. the only thing i would watch out for would be the short length of the sway bar links. so if another kit offers longer ones then i would suggest getting that kit instead.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by N2rock
Not terribly difficult with the proper tools. The instructions are well done and can be installed in a single afternoon.
X2
Took me about 5-6 hours with the proper tools and I'm not the most advanced mechanic. WOL has a great write up for the Tera Flex also.

For the rear track bar relocation bracket you will have to drill one hole but it's no biggie. I say go for it!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went with the Daystar 1 3/4 since I am a worrier, and after reading about various aliments that lifts cause (like broken drive shafts), and since I didn't want to replace the shocks, I went that route. A little easier to install, as you will have to compress the spring just alittle less when you put them back in.
Kurt
Old 10-01-2008, 07:49 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I did a Full Traction 2" BB and am happy.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:03 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by kurtfriedrich
I went with the Daystar 1 3/4 since I am a worrier, and after reading about various aliments that lifts cause (like broken drive shafts), and since I didn't want to replace the shocks, I went that route. A little easier to install, as you will have to compress the spring just alittle less when you put them back in.
Kurt
where have you heard people were breaking drive shafts? also, by not replacing your shocks, you have effectively eliminated a significant amount of your droop and you now run the risk of wearing out your shocks prematurely.

Quick Reply: Budget Boost Kit Help