Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Budget tailgate fix ordered. Mor/Ryde hinges and MBRP re-inforcment.

Old 05-22-2015, 06:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jscherb
Mine is designed so that it should retail for several hundred bucks less than the complete TF unit

AWESOME again, plus I already own one part of the system, if they ever freakin show up. ha ha. The distributor is slow getting them to my dealer. gotta love being in newfoundland. AWESOME place to live except getting stuff like parts, food etc...
Old 06-08-2015, 07:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump! Any news on the new parts? Or how the hinges hold up?
Old 06-09-2015, 03:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by AMPDinCOLORADO
Bump! Any news on the new parts? Or how the hinges hold up?
Nobody's had the new JK hinges on their JK long enough yet to know how they hold up, but there's no reason to think they won't hold up as well as the hinges for the TJ/LJ I designed over four years ago. The TJ hinges have been in production since then and I've had set from the first production run on my LJ for over 80,000 miles and several thousand off-pavement miles in Colorado, Utah and Alaska mostly carrying extra gear on the tailgate and hinges like in the photo below. The hinges have performed great and still work as they did when they were new, so there's every reason to believe the JK hinges will hold up just as well.

Old 06-09-2015, 03:44 AM
JK Junkie

The way I look at it, if they hold up as good as the stock I will be happy, mine never started making noise until over 100,000 kms. If the new ones hold up like that, you can just rebuild them easy, unlike the stock ones. But being greasable and more stout, I think they are a great addition.

I am Checking the dealer again today! My airbags are in, I am expecting the hinges this week for sure!
Old 06-09-2015, 10:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been looking for a way to take the stress of 35s off my tailgate. Thought the TF hinge and carrier would be my choice but I like the price of these.

Any experiences running a 35 on this set? And when will the adjustable carrier be available?
Old 06-09-2015, 01:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by ssramage
Been looking for a way to take the stress of 35s off my tailgate. Thought the TF hinge and carrier would be my choice but I like the price of these.

Any experiences running a 35 on this set? And when will the adjustable carrier be available?
The last I heard from the company that signed up to manufacture the tailgate reinforcement/HD spare carrier is that they were on a fast track to have preproduction prototypes through manufacturing that they could send to several Jeep retail outlets next week for review. As far as I know, they're on track for that. Assuming the preproduction run goes well and retailers sign up to market them, I'd expect they could be available for purchase as early as sometime in July. If they get picked up by any retail companies that are vendor members of this forum, I'll let people know when they are available.

As for running 35's, I personally don't have a set of 35's to test with, but in post 45 of this thread I showed a photo with over 275 lbs. on the spare with the tailgate reinforcement/HD spare carrier/HD hinges installed, should be more than twice what the heaviest 35's might weigh.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:47 AM
JK Junkie

Ok, I got my parts today. I am going to install it all this afternoon and get some pictures of it all!. Can't wait to get it all mounted.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:36 AM
JK Junkie

Here they are installed. Huge difference. I never realized my hinges were so bad. They were transmitting vibrations throughout the jeep, as well as noises etc. Now, Everything is tight and quiet. I have to say these are a great improvement to my Jeep. These things are stout, greaseable, and rebuildable. That's worth the money right there. If they do start making noise, just rebuild them and they are solid again.

Last edited by Kojack; 06-12-2015 at 07:38 AM.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
Here they are installed. Huge difference. I never realized my hinges were so bad. They were transmitting vibrations throughout the jeep, as well as noises etc. Now, Everything is tight and quiet. I have to say these are a great improvement to my Jeep. These things are stout, greaseable, and rebuildable. That's worth the money right there. If they do start making noise, just rebuild them and they are solid again.

What size is your spare?
Old 06-12-2015, 08:15 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by wittys-jk
What size is your spare?
stock 255.

Quick Reply: Budget tailgate fix ordered. Mor/Ryde hinges and MBRP re-inforcment.