Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Budweiser Tap Shift Knob?

Old 06-19-2011, 09:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Budweiser Tap Shift Knob?

Hey guys. I searched and couldnt find anything. Has anyone rigged up a budweiser tap as a shift knob to a JK? Some people put them on other cars, but it looks really weird since their shifters are normally short. We have the huge truck shifter so as long as its angled properly I dont see it looking too bad!

Heres what i'd like to use. Its around 12 inches.

Heres a pic of it in some nissan
Old 06-19-2011, 11:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my buddy had a bud light tap for a transfer case lever. It looked sick. But as i shifter I feel it would get old. I need something a little more ergonomic.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:50 AM
JK Newbie

Default Bad idea???

Might I point out that this would be a point of interest for every "Gung Ho Barney Fife" to say "Would you please step out of the car?" and "How much have you had to drink tonight?" No matter what it would create that reasonable doubt situation if you get stopped.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Wouldn't we all laugh and ask how many HE had to drink since we are clearly not in cars but Jeeps? or maybe I've already been drinking
Old 06-19-2011, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

A buddy of mine made a shift know out of a broken pinion gear from his old D35 for his YJ. Its actually pretty cool, but kinda top heavy. The reason that the keg tap shifter would be weak is because you now have 12" of leverage instead of 1 1/2". And generally they are made of wood or plastic and aren't meant to be used like that, However, you could just hold it from the bottom of the tap and that would take the leverage away. Or you could just go really easy on it. You could also cut down the shifter itself and lower it a bit so its not so rat-rodded out.

It would definitely work though. I've seen it done on a lot of cars
Old 06-19-2011, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

thanks for the responses guys. the one i posted is 12 inches, but i also found a bunch of 7inch taps which may work better! I'll keep you guys posted if I do anything with this.

Quick Reply: Budweiser Tap Shift Knob?