Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Built In Cooler

Old 09-07-2007, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Built In Cooler

Just gutted the interior and lined my jeep and guess what...now I have a built in cooler in the back Pull the drain plug from the storage area in the back, throw in something to strain out the water and keep in the ice, Fill with your fav. beverage, fill er up with ice. Now just set back and enjoy the cold one. The liner keeps in insulated pretty good so if you throw on a top (will be doing mine with a diamond plate in black) it works great.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

yep yep. i posted a thread awhile back about this. I cut the carpet out of there because thats where my tow straps go and sometimes are wet and muddy so after i looked at it for a second i knew it was a good idea. Thats what we used when we tailgated at country fair back in May
Old 09-07-2007, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

you dont need pictures.. its in the back of your Jeep
Old 09-07-2007, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

Does the floor in the rear of you jeep not get extremely hot? Mine seems to always be hot. I don't think the ice would last long in mine....
Old 09-07-2007, 06:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Where is this cooler and how big is it

We need to see some photos of your Cooler Set Up.

How does that mhutch get those cool guys holding picture worth 1000 words??? Jesus Drives Jeep
Old 09-07-2007, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hurstrescue
Does the floor in the rear of you jeep not get extremely hot? Mine seems to always be hot. I don't think the ice would last long in mine....
Mine too. I could keep coffee warm
Old 09-07-2007, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

What i did was buy 2 bags of ice and carry the drinks in their boxes to the concert (put the bags in the bin). then once we arrive i put the drinks in the bin with the ice and vola... built it cooler right there and it stayed pretty cold the whole time with the top of the bin off. Ill see if i can get a picture. Going to Auburn football game!
Old 09-08-2007, 04:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by awfrode
Mine too. I could keep coffee warm
I can cook chilli back there for a game, or even some split pea soup! Even with a doggie bed, my Lab get's a bit annoyed on long trips! I put my hand there and it gets HOT! I mean, HOT! When I needed to do a quick tire change on the trail, I had to grab gloves just to grab the tools.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

It should be good for people that have relocated the muffler.

Quick Reply: Built In Cooler