Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Built dana44 front vs prorock

Old 12-01-2016, 02:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ripa777
This is what I did and love it. I mainly did for what Dirtman had stated..... caster correction. 3.5" lift and zero vibration and cruises 90-95 mph on freeway straight as an arrow !!
Or you could have went 60 with lockouts and that been completely solved
Old 12-01-2016, 02:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rednroll
For the time being, I'm just a casual observer in these discussions trying to pick up what I can along the way, but currently I keep finding myself gravitating towards the Fusion JK 10.5 full float since it seems like one of the better price to performance axles for whenever I do decide to do a front axle swap. I'm just trying to determine if the JK 14 (GM axle) or the JK 10.5 (Ford Axle) is the better path to pursue.
Keep observing because those are both rear axles
Old 12-01-2016, 02:11 AM
JK Super Freak

I've put what I need to into my 30 to keep my shit in the woods. I beat the shit out of it. The ring and pinions blow, I replace them, under warranty, for free. I was able to nickel and dime some shit in order to afford upgrading but still able to wheel. Is it in a cost more money in the end? Sure. But I sure as hell didn't let 4 years of my life go by watching from the side lines. That's just stupid. I'll gladly "waste" some money for the enjoyment I've had. Obviously I've known all along where I want my jeep to end up, but it sure as **** isn't realistic to do it all at once. It's a pain in the ass fixing stupid shit after a good weekend of wheeling, but it's obviously worth it or I wouldn't keep doing it.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
I've put what I need to into my 30 to keep my shit in the woods. I beat the shit out of it. The ring and pinions blow, I replace them, under warranty, for free. I was able to nickel and dime some shit in order to afford upgrading but still able to wheel. Is it in a cost more money in the end? Sure. But I sure as hell didn't let 4 years of my life go by watching from the side lines. That's just stupid. I'll gladly "waste" some money for the enjoyment I've had. Obviously I've known all along where I want my jeep to end up, but it sure as **** isn't realistic to do it all at once. It's a pain in the ass fixing stupid shit after a good weekend of wheeling, but it's obviously worth it or I wouldn't keep doing it.
hahaha.. admit it.. you enjoy the wrenching as much as the wheeling....
Old 12-01-2016, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Keep observing because those are both rear axles
LOL!!! You see, I learned something new already. No wonder the prices looked so good.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
hahaha.. admit it.. you enjoy the wrenching as much as the wheeling....
I know I do!
Old 12-01-2016, 06:08 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by sea bass
Link didn't work on my phone. What about the balljoints? Still the same crappy joints?
If you have not seen them, Rare Parts ball joints are legit. They have not had a set wear out yet. Even Steer Smarts (Yeti tie rod people) run them on their JK and their parent company is a manufacturer of ball joints. Pretty solid stuff.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:44 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ShutterBug
I think, for me, that's what makes that Fusion hybrid so interesting. At least for the front. The rear would still be a challenge to keep all the extra stuff stock if trying to go full float. It may not even be possible.
One cool thing to keep in mind is that you can use the J8 unit bearings on a front axle, which are a 5x5.5 bolt pattern. That means you can go full float rear later without having to change the front axle (just the unit bearings).
Old 12-01-2016, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Or you could have went 60 with lockouts and that been completely solved
Too much costs for the amount of times I wheel it... 2-6Xs /yr
Old 12-01-2016, 08:39 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cheers. That summed up my thoughts. Do what gets you in the game and start enjoying your rig now.

Quick Reply: Built dana44 front vs prorock