Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bully Dog Triple Dog GT Gas Tuner

Old 04-06-2011, 06:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by isshinryu28
Wish someone who had a SC and changed to this if one more power over other
It's indeed a very good question. If I understood other threads about the SC, it has some specific settings for cold air intake, exhaust an other mods that the BD seems to not require. At least I did not see anything on the online documentation.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sahara_Maverick
Questions, while I (very anxiously) wait for mine. :-)

Do the mph and rpm match the Jeep's panel? Does the fuel consumption match the Jeep's computer estimate?

If so, how are the temperature gauges? Engine and transmission temperature? Since I have an auto I'll probably monitor the tranny's temp.

How do you like the driving coach? Is it really useful?

Another one. Is it possible to back up that micro-SDHC card so if it gets corrupted we just restore from the backup? I'm worried about losing the Jeep's factory setup.
yes the mph and rpm gauge do match up. it adjusted the jeeps mph gauge for my 35's. idk about the jeeps computer estimate since i dont have the feature on my x

Originally Posted by KyleTheGrouch
And I found this on chance since I don't read the manual. But you can change the gauge type from graph to gauge and gauge with graph. Pretty nifty.
How'd you do that? i didnt read the manuel too much either. i'd like to know
Old 04-06-2011, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Still deciding

I am not being a smart ass but I am confused a bit. I was about to grab the SC before reading the other thread now I am leaning toward BD. As sweet as the real time monitor sounds why are people watching the gauges that the jeep already has? I am trying to talk myself into getting this but if the monitor is only stuff I can already see then SC sounds like it has slightly more power.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chopper3330
I am not being a smart ass but I am confused a bit. I was about to grab the SC before reading the other thread now I am leaning toward BD. As sweet as the real time monitor sounds why are people watching the gauges that the jeep already has? I am trying to talk myself into getting this but if the monitor is only stuff I can already see then SC sounds like it has slightly more power.
From what I have read, BD has lots of gauges that Jeep doesn't including battery voltage, air intake temp, and especially trans temps for the autos.

Last edited by ncaa_maniac; 04-06-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:21 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I was about to order the SC today but saw the BD and began to drool. After I composed myself I began to compare the two. I noticed SC boasts more hp... This is what I'm most interested in. But the BD has a sweet display.

Has anyone switched from a SC to BD? If yes, was your performance basically the same with the BD tune?
Old 04-06-2011, 07:23 PM
JK Newbie

Default Bulldog

I have mine set on coolant temp, trans temp, voltage and throttle position. I find my self using the throttle position to tell how hard I am getting on the throttle and increase my gas mileage.
I like having the Voltage so when I use the winch I can see the power drop.
Pat
Old 04-06-2011, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default OK that makes more sense

Originally Posted by Pat Vigeant
I have mine set on coolant temp, trans temp, voltage and throttle position. I find my self using the throttle position to tell how hard I am getting on the throttle and increase my gas mileage.
I like having the Voltage so when I use the winch I can see the power drop.
Pat
Any thoughts on power? I am really most interested in just changing my tire size but I want to get the better of the two. My dealer wants 150 to change tire size for spedo. I guess they are the people that will take it on trade when it only counts 9 miles for every 10 I drive
Old 04-06-2011, 07:38 PM
JK Super Freak

BD has chassis dino charts showing the increases HP and torque. I did not see that on SC's literature.

For what I read there are many gauges you can select to display. And each one as an analog display and/or a graph.

You can download BD's manual and check it out. I did it before ordering mine. ;-)

SC is promising something similar in May (Vivid), but it runs on an Archos Android device and it's way more expensive. Considering how some apps can literally screw some devices up I decided to go with a dedicated one.

I might reconsider in the future if they come up with a Windows app that I can run on my Viliv S5 UMPC. I can create a virtual machine there and isolate the tuner in its own environment.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bd looks nice but right now I gt gut feeling u get more power from SC just a vibe
Old 04-06-2011, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Update?

I just read in another site that the dealers have a software update for 2010 wranglers that add power. Does anyone know if this is getting at the same power the BD is getting?

Quick Reply: Bully Dog Triple Dog GT Gas Tuner