Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bump stop installation question

Old 03-09-2011, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bump stop installation question

So i install my 2.5 kit yesterday and it didnt come whit bump stop. as i was reading the sticky tonight, it says that u need a bump stop extention as high as the kit. My question is: if the installation is complete, do i need to take it appart to install the bum stop or is there an other way, wich i hope...
Old 03-09-2011, 06:34 PM
JK Junkie

That depends on the type of bump stop extension you buy/get, and how nimble you are with you hands.

If it's anything like the TF extensions, you might be able to get them in there. (note, the back won't require any removal anyway). However, some bump stop extensions require you to drill and bolt them to the spring perch, if that is the case you will most certainly have to remove your spring.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:38 PM
JK Newbie

ok...well i guess TeraFlex will be Thanks for the info!!
Old 03-09-2011, 06:43 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Yep, droop the front axle to expand the coil, and you may be able to fit the upper bumpstop through. (make an effort to drop it in the right direction) Then grease them up and try to pry them up into the cup. For the front lowers, you need to drill a hole and tap it, which may be somewhat difficult with the coils in place.

Quick Reply: bump stop installation question