Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumper Decisions

Old 01-13-2012, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumper Decisions

Been looking around for a new front bumper. Was looking for something in the $300-400 dollar range. Listed below are what I have narrowed it down to. Can anyone vouch for any of these brands? And if possible, post some pictures? I'm not in the market for a winch right now, but not saying it wouldn't possibly be a purchase further down the road. Would like to keep my options open, whether it be winch ready or something I can easily modify. I think it's between the XRC and the XHD. Opinions?

Rugged Ridge Modular XHD

Rancho Front Off Road Bumper

Smittybilt Classic w/ Winch Mount

Smittybilt Front XRC
Old 01-13-2012, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

I'm shopping for bumpers too. I like the looks of the Smitty's but am kinda skittish given the quality issues many posters have had. Now, I'm looking hard at the full line up from ACE Engineering. I already have their rock rails and could not be happier with them.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RubiconOrBust
I'm shopping for bumpers too. I like the looks of the Smitty's but am kinda skittish given the quality issues many posters have had. Now, I'm looking hard at the full line up from ACE Engineering. I already have their rock rails and could not be happier with them.
It seems everything I look at is either too complicated and busy looking, or too simple. I'm trying to find a happy medium with a look that I'm attracted to.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you seen the thread by jcr offroad? They have a new lineup coming out. They look pretty sweet but I don't know the price. Check out the thread in sponsor section.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2768964838.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	263589

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1475396823.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	263591

I chose the Body armor bumper. Beefy as hell & can make it simple or as complicated as you want. I chose complicated. Finish is sweet, and has held up very well as my better have has already put it threw the back wall of our garage and into the family room. Got to get that tennis ball on a string hooked up before I don't have a house left. Bumper didn't get a scratch on it, she did break one light and 4 2x4's in the wall. I'm giving it a 10 out of 10 rating for demo work!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out A.C.E. engineering. Huge bang for the buck on bumpers, and their rock rails can't be beat.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brent1024
I chose the Body armor bumper. Beefy as hell & can make it simple or as complicated as you want. I chose complicated. Finish is sweet, and has held up very well as my better have has already put it threw the back wall of our garage and into the family room. Got to get that tennis ball on a string hooked up before I don't have a house left. Bumper didn't get a scratch on it, she did break one light and 4 2x4's in the wall. I'm giving it a 10 out of 10 rating for demo work!!!
Holy shit!
Old 01-13-2012, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by yessamskates
Have you seen the thread by jcr offroad? They have a new lineup coming out. They look pretty sweet but I don't know the price. Check out the thread in sponsor section.
I have seen that but something tells me it's going to be a little expensive for my budget.
Old 01-13-2012, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sonix
It seems everything I look at is either too complicated and busy looking, or too simple. I'm trying to find a happy medium with a look that I'm attracted to.
Ahhhh... the Holy Grail!
Old 01-13-2012, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sonix

Holy shit!
Got crapped on with a ton of snow last night and today so I stayed home with the kids being they were closed for school and she took the jeep to work. She came up the driveway like she was landing on an aircraft carrier way to hot. Guess I should get that snag line set too! All I heard was a big crash and the kitchen bar shook and both boys just looked at me and said "mommys home" kinda hard not to laugh. Feel sorry for anyone she plows into with that bumper on. Oh well, now I get to upgraded to Better lights!!!

Quick Reply: Bumper Decisions