Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumper latch

Old 05-17-2020, 02:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bumper latch

Anybody know what kind of bumper this is? It was on my Jeep when I bought it the latch doesn't stay tight anymore. I would like to figure out which company made it so I can replace it or any ideas on a do-it-yourself job. I have to keep that trailer pin in it to keep it closed
Old 05-17-2020, 02:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I managed to find out it's a rugged ridge XHD. Message rugged ridge haven't heard back any do it yourself ideas?
Old 05-17-2020, 07:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Looks to be the same as the latch on my Shrockworks.

I had to replace mine, long dumb story, my fault not theirs, and they sent me a new one out quickly. It cost about $85, though. Again my original getting messed up was all on me, not their fault.

I feel like it has to be available through someone else though if two different manufacturers are using it.

Not the best pic, but all I have at the moment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo554.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	677574
Old 05-19-2020, 03:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have that bumper. There are/have been known problems with the latch. Some people have had the latch come undone while on the road. Not a good experience I would imagine. I have modified mine by getting it perfectly in line and then welded it. I also had to add a little bead of weld on the end of the latch to make it tighter when closed. If you know someone that is handy and can weld I would suggest to have them look at it and get it dialed in.

Quick Reply: Bumper latch