Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

bumper replacement

Old 05-02-2011, 05:15 AM
gsw
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default bumper replacement

I own a 2008 4door Rubi and I would like to replace the front bumper. (The end caps are already beaten and dented....PLASTIC you say!) Knowing very little about the mechanics of the bumper assembly I'm having trouble deciding on a replacement and have several questions.

Many replacements come with factory fog light cut outs . Has anyone had issue with the cut out size or mounting brackets on the new bumper .

When bolting the new bumper on and also adding D rings do you interfere with the airbag activation system? (All but one replacement bumper that I've seen do not have crush cans.)

I would like a full size bumper (steel) w/factory fog lite cut outs, D ring brackets and crush bar. Winch platform is not preferred.
Any Favorites??

Thank for your coments
Old 05-02-2011, 05:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Benchmark Elite front bumper. Does not impact the safety bag issue, has fog light cut outs that are really solid and the OEM fogs go in easily, mounts with no difficulty and is solid. The hardest part of the install was reaching two of the four mounting bolts on the passenger side of my JK as it is a Rubicon and has the electic disconnect, so that was in the way a bit. Resolved with the right socket and and tools. Love mine. You will find as many options as you could imagine as this thread goes on.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The air bang sensors are not in the bumper.

Quick Reply: bumper replacement