Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bumpers available for the JK yet??

Old 10-17-2006, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bumpers available for the JK yet??

Can I actually buy a bumper for my JK yet? Had it a week and it's still stock!!! That's just WRONG!!!!
Old 10-17-2006, 10:01 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Sure you can buy one but that doesn't mean that you'll actually get one yet. In all seriousness, I know that PUREJEEP should be shipping bumpers out by November and I'm pretty sure that WARN and Teraflex plan on selling theirs by December. No word on when Kilby will have his available yet.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:26 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Sure you can buy one but that doesn't mean that you'll actually get one yet. In all seriousness, I know that PUREJEEP should be shipping bumpers out by November and I'm pretty sure that WARN and Teraflex plan on selling theirs by December. No word on when Kilby will have his available yet.
I think Warn did a great Job. the factory lights intergated put the bumper over the top. the full width looks great!

But Purejeep has a nice set up with the drop winch set up..

It'll be a hard choice
Old 10-19-2006, 06:54 PM
JK Newbie

any idea of how much the PUREJEEP bumpers gonna cost?
Old 10-19-2006, 08:15 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by alec789
any idea of how much the PUREJEEP bumpers gonna cost?
Yup, I sure do. Click on the link below:

PUREJEEP Priced Right Article

Old 10-21-2006, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Are the aftermarket bumpers compatible with the factory tow package? It looks like the factory off-road rear bumper (pictured in the sales brochure) is built to work specifically with the factory hitch.

I need to retain towing abilities with a Rubicon Unlimited, if I pull the trigger.

Jeff
Old 10-21-2006, 05:08 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Jeeperman
Hi this is Adam over at Jeeperman. Our bumpers will be shown on Rubicon Express and Landrunner at Sema. Rubicon Express will have a Stubby front JK bumper with a rear tire carrier. Land Runner will have a full width front along with a rear tire carrier. The ones at Sema are the very first proto-types the ones we will have will be similar with a few minor cosmetic kinks worked out. Stay tunned for photos from Project JK!

Thanks,
Adam and Tyler
Jeeperman.
Come on, you're just being modest. Truth is, I'll bet they kick butt!! Don't forget, I get the exclusive when you're ready to do a press release

Last edited by wayoflife; 10-22-2006 at 08:11 AM.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:08 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by jeffncs
Are the aftermarket bumpers compatible with the factory tow package? It looks like the factory off-road rear bumper (pictured in the sales brochure) is built to work specifically with the factory hitch.

I need to retain towing abilities with a Rubicon Unlimited, if I pull the trigger.

Jeff
Hey Jeff, so far as I can tell, most of the aftermarket bumpers are notching out the bottom of their rear bumpers to accomodate the factory hitch receiver.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adam,

Just how different is the bolt pattern for your front bumpers from the TJ to JK? I have a Jeeperman Double Hoop on my TJ that I would love to put on my new JK. Is it just a matter of drilling more holes, grinding off the old plates and welding a new one on or it won't work at all? Thanks...
Old 10-22-2006, 09:18 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Milkman
Adam,

Just how different is the bolt pattern for your front bumpers from the TJ to JK? I have a Jeeperman Double Hoop on my TJ that I would love to put on my new JK. Is it just a matter of drilling more holes, grinding off the old plates and welding a new one on or it won't work at all? Thanks...
The JK frame rails are very different than the TJ's. I seriously doubt that you could bolt up a TJ bumper of any kind to the JK without serious modification. For one, the TJ bolt up on top and bottom of the frame rails whereas the JK's bolt up to the face of the frame rail ends. But then, I'm not Adam or a bumper manufacturer and so I guess I should let them answer your question

Quick Reply: Bumpers available for the JK yet??