Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bumpers and winch?

Old 03-12-2013, 06:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Badlands winch is a good way to go. They are cheap and from what I have seen they hold up great. the wiring and power box is ugly as heck, but if you can hide it or don’t mind no biggie. I have a Rugged Ridge front bumper with pre runner guard. It is ok but I want something different. There are some really nice bumpers on the market at reasonable cost. Metal Cloak makes nice stuff, so does Posion Spyder Customs.

Here is a shot of mine.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would take a look at the Rough Country winch plate stubby bumper. I don't have one but it's on my short list. $189 or $230 if you want the factory fog lights integrated. You can use the factory hooks or get there $90 shackle add on.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/spon...9-95-a-192844/
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo3.jpg
Views:	983
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	433280
Click image for larger version

Name:	aefcd1a4-2ad3-884a.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	433281

For the winch I would go with an Engo 10000 with syntetic. $439
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/spon...c-line-200819/

Both of those are very light weight and should give minimal sag. Once you throw in a snatch block, tree saver, and D-ring and your looking at spending 7 bills and some change.

This video shows that there should be minimal sag. I'm pretty sure the weight of the RC and LOD bumper are almost identical.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTT7cCbOOnM

Last edited by Rooster76; 03-12-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:19 PM
JK Newbie

You say you are on a budget and I feel it. I want to do so many great things with my JK. I don't have the cash. So I went with a Badlands/Harbor Freight winch keeping the stock bumper. Yes it is cheap and when you compare the actual metal bumper to the winch plate, it is piss damn poor at best. But like I said, it is going to work, for now. I don'e have too much concern for bending that plastic POS they call a bumper. Not that I wouldn't try to fix it if I bent it. Even more so since I have more confidence with the plastic welding. I had a good time planning and fabricating my winch and stock bumper.

I was nervous as hell with my 28k Jeep and drilling and cutting on it. In the end I am very happy with the temporary mount for my winch and it works!
Old 03-14-2013, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Rough Country Winch Plate

I'm in the process of installing the Rough Country winch plate with D rings. I've got the Engo 10K winch ready
to go on it. Getting ready for Moab this year!!

Jeremy - Lincoln, NE.

Quick Reply: Bumpers and winch?