Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bushwacker Flat Fender Installation Tip or Tricks

Old 03-06-2012, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bushwacker Flat Fender Installation Tip or Tricks

I ordered a set of Bushwacker Flat Fenders for my 12 JK sport. I have heard that they are failry simple to install except for the cutting of the inner linners, which I heard can be a pain in the butt.

I did install rear BW flat fenders on my 06 LJ,. It was a dierct bolt on, no cutting and took about 1 hour. Front fenders were Genright Tube Fenders

Does anyone have any advise, tips or tricks for this install.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:18 AM
JK Newbie

Just install my fender flares about a month ago. Trim inner plastic a little at a time don't rush it. I cut mine to short and now the plastic just flaps in the wind. I have to rivet some cut pieces so it does flap in the wind
Old 03-06-2012, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

I thought the trimming part was very easy - here's what I did. I installed the untrimmed shields into the wheel wells, then used a grease pen to trace along the outer margin of the wheel wells. Then, I removed the liners, and trimmed along that line using a heavy duty set of tin shears. When I put it back in, BAM! Perfect fit. Using this method, I only needed to cut once, and there was no additional trimming needed. Everything holds in place very well. Honestly, I thought the longest part of the process was dealing with all the nutserts and screwing the new flares into them...I used a metal awl to align the holes with the underlying nutserts.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:37 AM
JK Newbie

Make sure that you do it on a warm day. I did the fronts on a cold day and the rears on a warm day and there is a big difference between how well the adhesive suck.

Quick Reply: Bushwacker Flat Fender Installation Tip or Tricks