Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flares

Old 02-05-2008, 09:57 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flares

Is anyone running these? If so, did you paint or leave black? I saw them on the Quadratec sight and thought they looked good. If I am going to be running 35s, are they too big. They show them with 37s. Thanks.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:11 AM
JK Freak

I think for a typical offset of 4.5 to 4.75 and a 12.50 tire they stick out too far. I think with a set of wheels that had 3.5 to 3.75 they would look great.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone have them on with a set of Stock Rubi Tires. I was thinking about getting these but if they are too big I'm gonna have to reconsider.

Last edited by zero2krazy; 02-05-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default RE

Originally Posted by Rebel Heart
Is anyone running these? If so, did you paint or leave black? I saw them on the Quadratec sight and thought they looked good. If I am going to be running 35s, are they too big. They show them with 37s. Thanks.

I am running them with 35's, Tereflex BB and wheel spacers. IMO, I think they look fine with this set up but they would def. look better with a 3.5" to 4" lift - which is what I will (hopefully) be getting soon. The flares provide much better tire coverage and come in nice when mud beckons while the top is off. As you can see from the pics I have left mine black, but I am strongly considering spraying them with duplicolor truck bed liner to give them similar texture as the stock flares. They come black but it is a smooth almost shiny (yuck) finish.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got a painted set on and just got my hands on a set of AEV Pintler wide stance rims, which add an extra 1" of stance on either side. I noticed a bunch of rigs with the BW fenders looking like the wheels were tucked in a bit (the BW flares add 2" of width), so I'm hoping the wider AEV's will make up the difference. I'll post pics when I get them monted.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:19 PM
JK Freak

Thanks for the pictures and input. I might wait to see what others come out with.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here are some pics of mine when I had the stock Rubicon tires on it. I actually took pics with one side installed so ya'll could see the difference between the bushwackers and stock flares. So here are some pics for ya...

Now with the adapters and 37s

Quick Reply: Bushwacker Pocket Style Fender Flares