Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bushwhacker Pocket Flares

Old 06-30-2008, 11:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bushwhacker Pocket Flares

Was wondering if anyone out there is running them and how they've held up? Anyone have any complaints about them? Is each flare 2" wider? Kinda wish they weren't so wide if that's the case. Pictures??? Was thinking of buying these way down the road until I caught my factory RF flare on a log yesterday and ripped it off of the fender. Looked very easy to repair with all the mud on it, but now that it's clean, either a new one, a take off if I can find one, or the Bushwhackers.

Last edited by husker_shoe; 06-30-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:01 PM
JK Newbie

My opinion so don't take it the wrong way. On the TJ they were great but on the JK they really dropped the ball, just too big and poorly designed. I'd look at flat fender options
Old 06-30-2008, 04:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HITMONEY
I like the Pocket style.... you just have to have big meats to fill up the space...

The flat ones aren't for me... at least the ones I've seen so far... make your rig look like a Moon Rover..
what he said, need big meat to fill up the space like so......

Old 06-30-2008, 04:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ROCK RED
My opinion so don't take it the wrong way. On the TJ they were great but on the JK they really dropped the ball, just too big and poorly designed. I'd look at flat fender options
The Xenons look cool up front, but I really don't like the way the rears look. Imagining Bushwacker flare sticking out another 2" on each side seems like a lot, but I do like the styling of them. I would've really got hung up yesterday if that was the case!
Old 06-30-2008, 05:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the set for the JK and I love the look of them BUT if you DON'T have bigger\wider tires you should NOT get them they look goofy as all get out on a stock Rubi. Even with the lift they look like a chunky ballerina with skinny legs from the back and the front. They are a full 2" wider thats for sure.

They were designed for a JK with wider tires...period!

Oh and if your gonna wheel it at all don't bother with the painted ones they will be ruined on the first run. The Black plastic one hold up very well off road.

My first run with them on I snagged one on the way down off a rock and all it did was flex up about 8 inches and then go right back to the original position. My spotters eyes were as big as Frisbees when it snagged and he was amazed they held up and not even a scratch.

So I can tell ya I am very happy with them.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by whpony96
I got the set for the JK and I love the look of them BUT if you DON'T have bigger\wider tires you should NOT get them they look goofy as all get out on a stock Rubi. Even with the lift they look like a chunky ballerina with skinny legs from the back and the front. They are a full 2" wider thats for sure.

They were designed for a JK with wider tires...period!

Oh and if your gonna wheel it at all don't bother with the painted ones they will be ruined on the first run. The Black plastic one hold up very well off road.

My first run with them on I snagged one on the way down off a rock and all it did was flex up about 8 inches and then go right back to the original position. My spotters eyes were as big as Frisbees when it snagged and he was amazed they held up and not even a scratch.

So I can tell ya I am very happy with them.
so I see you're runnin 35's and they fill it out, what do you think about a 33x12.5 with 4.5" backspacing?
Old 07-01-2008, 11:26 AM
JK Freak

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...%2C+bushwacker

you have been warned...
Old 07-01-2008, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

Default flares

bushwacker flares lasted one trail after which i ripped off the remaining 3 and installed xenon flat-flares which are few inches shy of ripping off in trail but enough to be legal. My advice get xenon flat-flares unless you offroad at wallmart...
Old 07-01-2008, 04:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HITMONEY
I'm sure there are many who off-road Bushy's.. maybe they are just better at not running into things.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:58 AM
JK Newbie

Default rock crawling

if you rock crawl every inch counts and on top of it all if your flares have no deflection at all like the bushwacker you will

Quick Reply: Bushwhacker Pocket Flares