Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Bushwhackers

Old 10-03-2012, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bushwhackers

Does anyone have a good reason why not to buy bushwhacker fenders?
Old 10-03-2012, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Only the $$$. When I get to lifting and new wheels/tires, I'll be doing the fender trim. Put the BW $$$ to other areas.

If all is said and done, then maybe BW fenders. The look/funtion is awesome, but the price...ouch.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

Default Cost

Yeah. I'm shocked with he price tag. May try the trimming first
Old 10-03-2012, 01:18 PM
JK Super Freak

They're plastic.

I'm looking at fenders too. I haven't decided which ones to get, but know I want metal so they don't shatter.

The Ace fenders are metal and you get all 4 for the price of two with most other companies. I really like the look of the Gen Right, but yeah, those are expensive too.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went with poison spyder and love them they are very $$$ but I will have this jeep untill it's a rust bucket
Old 10-03-2012, 03:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by suicideking
They're plastic.

I'm looking at fenders too. I haven't decided which ones to get, but know I want metal so they don't shatter.

The Ace fenders are metal and you get all 4 for the price of two with most other companies. I really like the look of the Gen Right, but yeah, those are expensive too.
You get what you pay for.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JE8154
You get what you pay for.
I agree.

However, the Ace are metal and have a lifetime guarantee against breakage. The Gen Right don't. I like the Gen Right for looks though. Don't like that they're expensive and don't come powder coated.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

They're plastic.

They are plastic for a reason! Take it from someone who has caught one on a tree, the plastic will give and pop off without damaging the tub of the Jeep. Metal will transfer the impact straight into the tub of the Jeep. Sure my fender is slightly dented and scratched up but at least it's not the body.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree.

However, the Ace are metal and have a lifetime guarantee against breakage. The Gen Right don't. I like the Gen Right for looks though. Don't like that they're expensive and don't come powder coated.
Yea, you're going to need that warranty. I had 2 tire carrier swing arms rusting in a 3 week period. One with a cracked weld after one week. Every nut welded to the bumper had to be retapped. They left parts out of the initial shipment. Ace quality is lacking.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JE8154

Yea, you're going to need that warranty. I had 2 tire carrier swing arms rusting in a 3 week period. One with a cracked weld after one week. Every nut welded to the bumper had to be retapped. They left parts out of the initial shipment. Ace quality is lacking.
Ha. Jord your scarred for life