Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cage Padding and Cover

Old 01-01-2012, 03:26 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cage Padding and Cover

Last year I installed an OR-Fab cage in my JKU. I really like the cage and although I think it looks great as is, I would like to pad and cover some of the bars for extra protection for the occupants. Has anyone found a pad/cover combo that matches the OEM sportbar padding? Alternatively, has anyone ditched the OEM covers and gone with something else entirely?

If it was still the 80's, I'd just get some padding and about ten rolls of black duct tape.

Thanks for any suggestions...and Happy New Year.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:40 PM
JK Junkie

I ran paddingless for a little bit. But the roll bars are not painted all the way, so it looks really ungood.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:44 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Delux2769
I ran paddingless for a little bit. But the roll bars are not painted all the way, so it looks really ungood.
I want pads for safety, I just want a way to cover them uniformly.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

ht tp://man-a-fre.com/parts_accessories/Roll Bar Wraps.htm

Last edited by Robar; 01-01-2012 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Please do not post clickable non-sponsor links
Old 01-01-2012, 07:22 PM
JK Jedi

I've seen those online, but never in person. I wonder how well the thin neoprene would hold up.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Sharkey
I've seen those online, but never in person. I wonder how well the thin neoprene would hold up.
Had them on my old cj for years. They will hold up just fine.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:07 PM
JK Jedi

I'm bumping this just to see if I can get any other options.

Or-Fab- do any of your TJ pads fit the JK?
Old 01-08-2012, 06:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharkey
I'm bumping this just to see if I can get any other options.

Or-Fab- do any of your TJ pads fit the JK?
About a year ago Yates told me that they do work. As for your old school reference I actually love that idea and found a place that sells them but not sure who the mfg is...I think Summit Racing was the distributor. Not sure if you've done this but I've hit my head on mine entering the jeep and just about blacked out so even if it doesn't look cool I'm going to go old school with you at some point!
Old 01-08-2012, 06:23 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by sm_rubi

About a year ago Yates told me that they do work. As for your old school reference I actually love that idea and found a place that sells them but not sure who the mfg is...I think Summit Racing was the distributor. Not sure if you've done this but I've hit my head on mine entering the jeep and just about blacked out so even if it doesn't look cool I'm going to go old school with you at some point!
As a side note...I hope you and your family had a great holiday season Frank...and I am still very hopeful to get to meet you in person sometime this summer. Summit does carry offset padding that puts the padding by the occupant and not on the non-contact sides of the cage. I may end up using it and wrapping with tape or even finding a local fabric shop to fab something up for me. I love my OR-Fab cage...but I think there is a great opportunity to compliment it with padding, covers, gauge pods, cb mounts, etc.

Last edited by Sharkey; 01-08-2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:25 PM
JK Jedi

...and I haven't hit my head yet. But in '88 I took some nasty bruises in a rollover due to an unpadded cage and I don't want to repeat that ride.

Quick Reply: Cage Padding and Cover