Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Can JKS Upper Control Arms be shortened to compensate for castor adjustment?

Old 06-22-2011, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can JKS Upper Control Arms be shortened to compensate for castor adjustment?

I know I can use upper or lower front control arms. From a price standpoint we all know uppers are cheaper. That being said, I personally like the JKS control arms. I know they are on the pricier side. I was just wondering if the front uppers have the ability to be shortened to compensate for castor correction. I couldn't fine the answer searching around. Just wondering if anyone knows.

Thanks!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, actually it looks like Quadratec might be being conservative.

I just found the JKS Install Guide and it says they can be shortened by up to a .5"

I found in another thread that every 1/8" you shorten an UCA it increases your caster by approx 1 degree. So an upper adjustable control arm would give me approx 4 degrees of caster to adjust.

That being said...is that enough for a 2.5" lift.

Quick Reply: Can JKS Upper Control Arms be shortened to compensate for castor adjustment?