Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Can you install factory push button lockers and electric sway bar disconnects on 2012

Old 04-03-2012, 12:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you install factory push button lockers and electric sway bar disconnects on 2012

I am between buying a 2012 Rubicon (expensive..) and buying a sport model for about 7k less. The only thing I care about on the Rubi is the lockers and disconnects. Not worth 7k to me if I can get it done for much less. Would like to stay factory. I work for a Fiat dealer and get all factory parts at cost. Just not sure if any Jeep techs out there know if it can be done. I plan on putting in my own stereo. The only other thing is the 4:10's. Just kicking it around. I don't care about the rock sliders, Infinity Sound, and so on.. I appreciate the help on this!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I personally would go with air lockers instead. You can install the factory e-lockers, but the front is designed for a D44.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
I personally would go with air lockers instead. You can install the factory e-lockers, but the front is designed for a D44.
A good buddy of mine in Florida said the same thing.. What air locker system is recommended? Obviously the front diff would be upgraded as well. I'm looking at buying a Rubi and putting a lift on it and 35's again. But if I can buy a Sport and just put aftermarket air lockers I can put manual discos on it. I'm not to proud to crawl in the mud if need be!
Old 04-03-2012, 04:05 PM
JK Freak

ARB Air Locker's is a good one to go with.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

you are also getting 4.10 gears a 4 to 1 transfer case and a Dana 44 up front as opposed to a Dana 30.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by FresnoJK
you are also getting 4.10 gears a 4 to 1 transfer case and a Dana 44 up front as opposed to a Dana 30.
x2

If you're getting it to wheel it hard, the D44 is much stronger than the D30 on the Sport and Sahara. A new built axle like a PR44 costs around $5K. So if you get the D44 up front + lockers + better transfer case and gears + electric discos, it might be worth it to you.

Some would argue that you would be better off buying the Sport and buying a built front with lockers of your choice. However, another nice thing about getting the Rubi is you are financing all those upgraded parts vs. paying out $5K plus afterwards.

Personally, I could care less about the electric discos, the deal maker for me is the D44 front + lockers.

This recent thread is a good read regarding starting with the Rubi or Sport:
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...it-or-ditch-it

Quick Reply: Can you install factory push button lockers and electric sway bar disconnects on 2012