Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Caster Adjustment Needed On Teraflex 2.5" Coil Lift?

Old 04-23-2010, 12:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Caster Adjustment Needed On Teraflex 2.5" Coil Lift?

I'm planning on getting the TF 2.5" Coil Lift for my 09 Rubicon Unlimited (AT)
Basic lift is all I need, gonna run 33's with it, so I'm not planning on any major mods.
Just need to know if the lift kit is all I'll be needing or should I get a set of CA's for caster?
Is there anything else about the lift I should know?
Are people that have it happy with their setup?
I hit the search button and looks like the lift performs quite well offroad, and from what I hear it's way more comfortable ride than stock?
So in a nutshell, is the TF 2.5" Coil Lift good, do I need anything else with it, or should I maybe consider a more complete kit?
Oh and, my Jeep is right hand drive. Is the track bar bracket universal?

Thanks In Advance

Estian
Old 04-23-2010, 12:57 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I don't know if I'd call the ride way more comfortable, but it is a nice ride. But, you won't forget that you in a Jeep, though. LOL.

I already had the front lower control arms (TF) which I installed before when I had a Rough Country Budget Boost and the steering was too flighty for my taste. If you can live with the steering feel, then you can do fine without the LCAs. It isn't unsafe or anything to drive that way, so you might just try it out and decide for yourself. Or, putting it off can let you pace your expenditures.

As for adjustable trackbars: The lift kit comes with a rear trackbar relocation bracket. But, I decided to go for new trackbars front and rear (and did not use the relocation bracket). This was primarily because I already had to loosen them up to install the lift, so why not take care of it all at once? Again, this is something you can put off, if need be. Just check the tracking of your tires and see how much the axle shift bothers you.

Finally, I already had the TF QDs. If you wheel where you want to disconnect the front swaybar, those make life a lot easier. The TF 2.5" coil kit has you replace the rear sway bar links with new, longer ones. You then take the old rear sway bar links, which are a little longer than the stock front swaybar links, and swap them out with the fronts. So, the front swaybar links become leftover parts. However, if you've installed QDs, then just leave the QDs in place and the rear swaybar links become the leftover parts.

As for your question about the trackbar bracket universality--Suggest that you PM Teraflex about that.

I think that you'll like the look when you're done (check sig for my details)...

Hope this help!

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 04-23-2010 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Clarification
Old 04-23-2010, 01:09 AM
JK Freak

jeeps lookin good mark!!
Old 04-23-2010, 01:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think you will find that everything will BUT the track Bar wont.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:56 AM
JK Super Freak

i have this lift, no LCAs and my jeep rides nice. on another note, didnt you say before that you had a 3.5" AEV lift?
Old 04-23-2010, 03:23 AM
JK Freak

replying just to keep the post. Love the look the TF 2.5 gives. soon to be a part of my bank account
Old 04-23-2010, 03:40 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK-JK23
jeeps lookin good mark!!
Thanks! It continues to be a journey, an expensive one, but one I'm really enjoying! I'm headed to Moab in a couple days to give the latest configuration a try.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:37 AM
JK Newbie

I just installed the TF 2.5" coil lift about 3 weeks ago. I did not do the LCA's or adj track bar up front. I did install the TF drop track bar bracket in the back. I would say it is a very good ride, very similar to stock. I have no issues with it at all, except that I have already ordered the LCA's and front adj track bar. Below 60 mph it's fantastic. Above 60 mph it get's a little "flighty" for my taste. I also with with 315/70/R17's though.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:14 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by cb900f
I just installed the TF 2.5" coil lift about 3 weeks ago. I did not do the LCA's or adj track bar up front. I did install the TF drop track bar bracket in the back. I would say it is a very good ride, very similar to stock. I have no issues with it at all, except that I have already ordered the LCA's and front adj track bar. Below 60 mph it's fantastic. Above 60 mph it get's a little "flighty" for my taste. I also with with 315/70/R17's though.
Originally Posted by EstianSwanepoel
I'm planning on getting the TF 2.5" Coil Lift for my 09 Rubicon Unlimited (AT)
Basic lift is all I need, gonna run 33's with it, so I'm not planning on any major mods.
Just need to know if the lift kit is all I'll be needing or should I get a set of CA's for caster?
Thanks In Advance Estian
I am currently running the 2.5" TF coil lift w/TF front adj track bar on my 4dr JK on 33s. The ride is fine and doesnt feel flighty at all, granted I dont drive more then 55mph in my area. I did purchase the front TF control arms, but opted not to install them just yet. I plan on moving up to 35s. Once I do then I will install the control arms...
Old 04-23-2010, 05:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I love your red accents, Mark, but don't you think red dirt on the tires is taking things a little too far??

Quick Reply: Caster Adjustment Needed On Teraflex 2.5" Coil Lift?