Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Cepek fc ll

Old 03-22-2011, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cepek fc ll

Anyone running 35" Cepek F/C ll's
Old 03-22-2011, 04:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a set on my last JK. Best road manners of any offroad tire I've ever owned. Really drove fantastic, very smooth, and were easy to balance. Excellent snow tire, and at 8 psi they were the best sand tires I've ever owned. They were "ok" on dirt and rocks, but did not seem to have good lateral grip. Staying on line through a tough obstacle was difficult at times, ... pretty typical for an AT tire in that regard.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:33 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

I ran 33s for about 45K miles, then switched to Duratrac 35s a couple weeks ago. Primary reason was the Goodyears are 4 pounds per tire lighter. That's significant unsprung weight savings. Liked both tires, but have not had the new ones long enough to say how they perform in a wide variety of situations.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input. I've been running cepek mountain cats for a year and I'm tired of the noise and rough ride. Traction wise they are great but with 15k miles on them, they are nearly wore out well maybe 1/2 wore out.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:26 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by 08yellowx
Thanks for the input. I've been running cepek mountain cats for a year and I'm tired of the noise and rough ride. Traction wise they are great but with 15k miles on them, they are nearly wore out well maybe 1/2 wore out.
There was plenty of tread on my FC IIs. They were badly cupped because I wasn't quick enough to replace some failed aftermarket shocks. That was my fault (on the tire problem; not the shocks). I've since gone to TF shocks and have had much better results.

Quick Reply: Cepek fc ll