Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

chopped fender question.........need advice

Old 09-25-2009, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chopped fender question.........need advice

for those that have chopped fenders:

the gap inside the front fenderwell that exposes the inside of the body panel....what have some of you done to fill / cover that up?? i didn't save any of the material from my chop and i don't want to fill up the body panel with mud / debris. i was thinking of shoving some type of foam in there when i am going offroad, but i'm sure there are some more creative fixes out there. thanks.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think some sheet metal with rivets would be enough, and if you cover it with rocker guard you won't be able to see the rivets.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did not notice it @ first, but when I went to the car wash and tried to spray it out, it blew all the mud inside my jeep.
I have not done anything about it, but I would guess, if you made sure it was clean and dry, fill it with expanding foam...maybe lay some fibreglas over the opening?
not sure I have seen anyone address this issue before
Old 09-25-2009, 09:29 AM
JK Super Freak

does anyone has a shot of this gap?
Old 09-25-2009, 12:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by [N]UGE
does anyone has a shot of this gap?
I dont have a shot of the gap, but i have a shot of what i did to close it up. I used a piece of what i cut off the fender flare to make a closure for it.

Look at the bottom left where the zip tie is. From there to the stiffener is the closure i made.

Cpray, i might have some pieces left from when i cut mine. Ill check to see if i have some and if it will fit the contour of that area. If all that works, we can figure out a way to get it to you.

corey d
Old 09-25-2009, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Fender chop

That's the only reason I have not chopped mine yet I just dont know If I would like the open area. The inner wheel well looks and works so well
Old 09-25-2009, 12:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Cpray,
If the area in my above post is what you are talking about, i have some pieces that will work to make the closure for the gap.

corey d
Old 09-25-2009, 12:44 PM
JK Freak

I used "great stuff foam" in a can. I taped up the crack and sprayed the foam in from the top. Once evrything was dry, I removed the tape and removed the excess with a knife. Then I painted it to match. Now you can hardly tell its there.

Good luck
Old 09-25-2009, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by STUPIDFACE
Cpray,
If the area in my above post is what you are talking about, i have some pieces that will work to make the closure for the gap.

corey d
corey,

that is the gap i'm talking about, but i cut way more off of my liners......that piece you have there would not overlap. i may have to try and find some liners. damn. your's looks perfect. wish i had looked at that before i did the chop.

cade
Old 09-25-2009, 03:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 4WHLN
I used "great stuff foam" in a can. I taped up the crack and sprayed the foam in from the top. Once evrything was dry, I removed the tape and removed the excess with a knife. Then I painted it to match. Now you can hardly tell its there.

Good luck
Got a pic of that?

Quick Reply: chopped fender question.........need advice