Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Codes P0369, B157B, C121C, P2638 only when towing (under load)

Old 06-27-2021, 06:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p0369 c121c under load

Originally Posted by RubiCamp
2013 JKUR, 37's, 4.5" long arm

Consistently getting engine codes when towing our tent trailer. Only happens when driving above 55 mph (100+ km/h) while towing. Can drive for weeks without towing & check engine light never comes on. Within 15-20 km's of driving at highway speeds while towing, the CEL & TC lights come on & goes into limp mode. Tried disconnecting the trailer wiring while towing to see if it was specific to the trailer wiring, but engine codes still occur.

The P0369 is related to the Camshaft Position Sensor "B", Circuit Intermittant Bank 1, C121C is the Torque Request Signal Denied & P2638 is related to Torque Management so i'm inclined to think it's either a connector issue or break in a wire somewhere in those circuits. Is it possible that mechanical issues (worn tires, bent drag link, etc...) could be contributing to this issue & tricking the PCM that sensors are out?

The issue never occurs on bumpy or dirt roads, only on pavement at highway speeds & only while towing a trailer (while under load). My theory is that if it was a bad connector or a break in the circuit wiring then it should be worst over bumpy roads, but it's not, it's the opposite. That's why i'm wondering if it's not worn tires or bent drag link, both of which I know I have.

I'm stumped.
Have been getting the same problem on 2012 jeep jk sahara 4 Dr. Replaced can sensors crank sensor coils plugs .
Swapped throttle bodies ,camshaft actuators with other 2012. Tested wiring and voltages ok. Dealership tested wiring. Ok. Scoped pulse train looked solid nice square waves .. up to 4200 rpm.. in shop. Next is to get scope out on road .. slight hill under load towing seadoo. Dealership says gallery bolts are tight..camera scoped through phaser actuator .. next istoremove valve cover and dig.. did anyone ever resolve this?

Quick Reply: Codes P0369, B157B, C121C, P2638 only when towing (under load)